Re: Can't believe I've only just found out!

by dSKyNafinchin

Original Post

Can't believe I've only just found out!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've only just found out on Xbox you don't need xbox live gold membership to play Apex!! I never knew this until my membership ran out and I'm still playing Apex. Can't believe I never knew this before. 

Message 1 of 7 (348 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Marge010 Some free to play games require xbox live gold? You don't PS Plus as well if the game is F2P and same goes with the switch.
Message 2 of 7 (339 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man I never knew! I just thought you had to have gold membership to play online regardless if the game is free or not. I only really play apex so I might as well save myself some cash!
Message 3 of 7 (331 Views)

@Marge010 Several months ago they rolled out changes to their policy, so games like Apex, Fortnite, Warzone, Rocket League etc that are F2P do not require a membership anymore. I haven’t had a consistent membership for a while now because of that, it’s a really nice change
Message 4 of 7 (311 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@Cheese9Man Seriously?! I just assumed I was able to still play because of console share with my buddy. My console is his "home console" and so forth, and he always keeps his XBL current. Good to know!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 5 of 7 (306 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@dSKyNafinchin Nahhh, john’s right. It’s because of a policy change they did, just like he said. So enjoy free games in peace!
Message 6 of 7 (295 Views)

@Marge010

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 7 of 7 (246 Views)