Can't Play Sims 4 After Purchasing A Copy?

by hooz_krispe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Play Sims 4 After Purchasing A Copy?

★★★ Newbie

I first bought Sims 4 on Steam on my PC when it went on sale. I wanted to play it on my Mac because I don't have access to my PC, but I found out that I'm unable to actually install Sims 4 on my Mac through Origin because I bought it on Steam. After purchasing a copy of the game on Steam, I am unable to play it on Mac since Origin recognizes you as owning a copy through Steam, but Steam does not support Sims 4 on Mac, so I effectively can't play the game whatsoever on Mac unless I create a new Origin account and purchase another copy just to play on my Mac. Is there a way for me to make it so that I can install my copy of the game through Origin without involving Steam so I can play, or am I actually completely unable to play the game on Mac after buying a copy?

Message 1 of 2 (334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Play Sims 4 After Purchasing A Copy?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @hooz_krispe,

I'm afraid the version of Sims 4 on Steam is only available for Windows at this time, as you mentioned.

This will appear in your Origin library because your EA and Steam accounts are linked, but this does just point back to the Steam version of the game that was purchased. Even on Windows, starting this in Origin will still launch the Steam version of the game instead.

Since that was purchased through Steam initially, you'll only be able to play that Steam version which would mean not having the Mac compatibility, sorry. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (315 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't Play Sims 4 After Purchasing A Copy?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @hooz_krispe,

I'm afraid the version of Sims 4 on Steam is only available for Windows at this time, as you mentioned.

This will appear in your Origin library because your EA and Steam accounts are linked, but this does just point back to the Steam version of the game that was purchased. Even on Windows, starting this in Origin will still launch the Steam version of the game instead.

Since that was purchased through Steam initially, you'll only be able to play that Steam version which would mean not having the Mac compatibility, sorry. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (316 Views)