Re: Can someone help me understand my ban?

by Kyldenar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can someone help me understand my ban?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

To my surprise the other day I received a permanent account ban for the following typed phrase

[Removed by CM]

missing space is intentional, exact quote they sent me

It was told to me by EA this was promoting, justifying, or encouraging discrimination against an individual or specific group of individuals on the basis of their race, ethnicity, skin color, caste, national origin, immigration status, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, serious medical condition, and/or veteran status

For context a random teammate in Apex Legends was was insulting myself and our random third for everything under the sun including some one the protected classes above and decreeing that he was the alpha and we were beta....this reminded me of an obvious obnoxious guy from youtube who always decrees himself alpha so I said the quote and muted him. This was just a comparison of two obnoxious people. I in no way support Andrew Tate. Like 2 days later I was perma banned. I appealed on the basis I made no mention of any race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, disability, etc nor did I encourage or promote anyone to do any action whatsoever. EA stood fast that I had discriminated against a protected class with only that one line and refused to elaborate further. 

If the issue is that he's in jail I mean he factually is and its being covered by major news networks. There is no idolization or anything here.

Anyone receive a ban for something similar and get more information? I'm not sitting on 3 useless games that being It Takes Two, A Way Out, and Apex Legends. Honestly I didnt appeal for the Apex account, I even suggested to EA that I be banned from apex or chat muted permanently. I'm poor no two ways around it and the money I spent on It Takes Two and A Way Out was not insignificant to me so I'd love to be able play those, you can't play either alone.Does EA issue permanent mutes/ game specific bans/ or like year long suspensions? 

SIDE NOTE: I just checked my open cases and I have 2 cases for Battlefield Companion which I don't own and have never played?

Message 1 of 7 (419 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @kondocher.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (381 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@kondocher 

I've heard of some other cases like this, in both cases I think it's a good thing to contact EA to figure out what caused this ban, as users here on AHQ really don't know the thought process of EA that caused the ban here.

Depending on the severity of your behaviour and the decision of the one reviewing your case, the punishment can pretty much be anything from what I'm aware, including perma bans.

Again, I highly recommend contacting them if it seems unclear, even if you have no intention of appealing the ban, it might help give you a better insight of what happened here.

Message 2 of 7 (394 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @kondocher.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (382 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Expert

Sure, you "Don't understand" the ban.

Every ONE of these threads I see here, they know what they did but don't get why being toxic is wrong.

Message 4 of 7 (350 Views)

★★ Guide
@Kyldenar Do you honestly believe that the line mentioned justifies a perm ban? Are we all really that soft?
I DONT understand a perm ban IF that is in fact the only thing that he said.
The irony here is that all the truly awful people save it for VOIP anyway.....
Message 5 of 7 (345 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@dougieee That's actually so true.... VOIP abuse = no ban. Which is probably the worst kind.
Message 6 of 7 (334 Views)

Community Manager

Going to go ahead and lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (312 Views)