Re: Can someone explain to me the logic of landing?

by So_Uncivil1zed

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@Pretzelnutcake Play like that in casual please. Ranked should be play to win, not hot dropping for 2-3 kills to die. You are ruining it for your team mates.

I'm sick to death of seeing this mentality in ranked. 

Message 11 of 19 (313 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Silz616 I've never played a single ranked match nor do I have any intention of doing so because I don't have a mic and don't want to be a liability so don't worry. Even in casual I try to communicate and coordinate with my random teammates but 90% of them don't even say where they're landing or rotating which is why I just YOLO it and see what happens, if we win great but if not then I expected it
Message 12 of 19 (307 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Pretzelnutcake Sorry. The OP had mentioned ranked so I thought you were as well.

I just have fun in casual. Sometimes it's comedy gold, sometimes frustrating and sometimes you hit great randoms and realise how good this game is when people play as a unit.

I hate the no pinging. It's easy enough to do lol. Oh and I also hate the, team mate starts a fire fight so I go to help out. Team mate then decides to retreat with no ping and leaves me to get boxed. Yeah, thanks for that.

Sorry I got my wires crossed/misunderstood your post.

Message 13 of 19 (298 Views)

★ Guide

In ranked as the devs did it, every camp. if you don't get good loot (armor) you will arrive mid game with weak armor and get smoked by the fist squad your force to face.

So actual rank = get good armor on drop = more chance to win.

Message 14 of 19 (285 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Silz616 No harm done, and yeah, those extremely rare occasions where a random team just clicks and wrecks the lobby is why I still play this game despite it making me want to rip my hair off because of how unbelievably incompetent people can be lol
Message 15 of 19 (272 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Pretzelnutcake I was raging yesterday in ranked lol. My head must have looked like a beetroot after some of the games.......... then hit a good run of 3 or 4 games with solid team playing randoms. Complete other end of the scale. Absolutely crushed some lobbies Standard smile

I live in hope as to what tonight brings.

Happy hunting.

Message 16 of 19 (267 Views)

Community Manager

@Pretzelnutcake wrote:
@Silz616 I've never played a single ranked match nor do I have any intention of doing so because I don't have a mic and don't want to be a liability so don't worry. Even in casual I try to communicate and coordinate with my random teammates but 90% of them don't even say where they're landing or rotating which is why I just YOLO it and see what happens, if we win great but if not then I expected it

For what it's worth, playing with a headset makes the whole experience much better and it's easier to figure out where sounds are coming from directional-wise. Get a headset with a mic! 

In all seriousness though, you can totally hang in Ranked without a mic as long as you are solid with the pings and stick to your squads. Don't get fancy and go off on your own. As long as you're within close proximity of your squadmates to be able to assist nobody will mind. Hopefully someone is on the team calling the shots so you can just follow their lead.

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 19 (250 Views)

★★★ Novice

If your jumpmaster is going to do hot drop, that means your jumpmaster is newbie or knows his/her skill. You can get 1 enemy team on drop zone. If more than 1, it depends your loot luck + your skill to eliminate them. 

Message 18 of 19 (249 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@Pretzelnutcake wrote:
@Silz616I've never played a single ranked match nor do I have any intention of doing so because I don't have a mic and don't want to be a liability so don't worry. Even in casual I try to communicate and coordinate with my random teammates but 90% of them don't even say where they're landing or rotating which is why I just YOLO it and see what happens, if we win great but if not then I expected it

For what it's worth, playing with a headset makes the whole experience much better and it's easier to figure out where sounds are coming from directional-wise. Get a headset with a mic! 

In all seriousness though, you can totally hang in Ranked without a mic as long as you are solid with the pings and stick to your squads. Don't get fancy and go off on your own. As long as you're within close proximity of your squadmates to be able to assist nobody will mind. Hopefully someone is on the team calling the shots so you can just follow their lead.

The ping feature is nothing short of genius. It makes playing with no mic so much more doable.

I have found if I keep my mic on but my team mates don't, they will take your lead if you are talking about intentions and where enemies are. Sometimes this works, other times it doesn't. A mic also helps with tactics and explaining what the best plan of attack is, when to Ult, when to wait on engaging and such.

I just wish people would embrace team play and make slight sacrifices to their own game play. The experience, when working as a unit, even with randoms is so so so much better and enjoyable, win or lose.

Message 19 of 19 (231 Views)