Can someone explain this to me please?

by MrCarri-X

Original Post

Can someone explain this to me please?

★★ Pro

I never got more than platinum in ranked and I really don't know how the system upwards that rank works, because once I've been matched with a predator while being in platinum(thanks sbmm) it showed the predator logo with the rp he had or something like that, and I've seen some videos of people having their #rank or smth like that also... 
Also the description says "top 500 players", so that means you can rank down from predator if someone gets more rp that you? Just curious as I will never get to predator, but just wanted to know, thanks :3

Message 1 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: Can someone explain this to me please?

@MrCarri-X I believe it's still possible for you to get matched with predators due to tier demotion. If they are just starting to grind again and you've already made it up to Gold/platinum. The Predator could get paired with you because of that.

Now if we are talking about PUBS, I'm the same I've made it to platinum and frequently see predator trails/badges in the lobbies I'm in.

Yes in theory it is possible for someone to get bumped out of the top 500. If they are player 500 and 501st player earns more RP, they will lose Predator rank.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (245 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex yo that sucks, though what I meant is that I got matched with predators that aren't grinding, I got to play against someone who is currently at the predator rank while I am platinum
Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MrCarri-X Yeah, Preds can get demoted to master tier. You got matched with them cuz there weren't enough players in ranked.
Message 4 of 4 (173 Views)