Re: Can my PC run these games? (Sorry for the long post)

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can my PC run these games? (Sorry for the long post)

★ Novice

So as of recently, I found out my PC can't run Mass Affect Andromeda. So now I'm being very cautious as to what games I buy. I can't make sense of what I have in my DxDiag, so I don't know what I have versus to my needed requirements for specific games. With my specs could my PC run Assassin's Creed Revelations, Black Ops 2, or any game that was created before Windows 10, If I look at the back of a game it won't tell me the needed requirements for Windows 10 (Cause you know, wasn't out yet), so I just don't want to jump to conclusions. My PC can run games like Warframe, Dead Space, Dragon Age, etc with no problem. Any help would be grateful, thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (998 Views)

Accepted Solution

I wouldn't try to run any game that has been produced in the last 3-4 years, as a general rule, IF they are fairly graphic intensive gamers games.  Things like Sims4 can be run on pretty low end machine simply because they are catering to that crowd.  The ones you list Black Ops2 and Assassin's Creed Revelations SHOULD run, but honestly, if you are planning on gaming on PC you really need to upgrade your hardware to more of a gaming rig.  This means a decent CPU and a Separate stand alone, ie not part of motherboard and one that actually plugs into the motherboard, Video card.  What you get is up to you, but at a min, one of the new Ryzens or Intel I5, and a newer Video card...AMD is lagging right now for the price but I seem to have less issues with Drivers with them, so for now I still lean toward them....but unless they get off their Caboose i will be looking hard at Nvidia next upgrade time for me.

You should be able to continue with older games, but considering your rig, you may have some issue there too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,044 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

As far as interpreting your DXdiag report, (since you aren't using it to diagnose a specific problem) the useful information is found here:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299)

Processor: AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM (=12GB)

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

So congratulations!  Presuming you have a game controller (not 100% sure one is required) and enough disk space, your rig definitely meets the minimum specs, which are:

Minimum PC Requirements: 720p 30 FPS at Low Settings

• O/S: Windows 7 64-bit, 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit
  • CPU: Intel core i3-2100T @ 2.5GHz/AMD FX 6100, or better
  • RAM: 8Gb
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650Ti 2GB, AMD Radeon HD 7750 2GB
  • DirectX 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Hard Drive: 25Gb
  • At least one Xbox-compatible/PlayStation-compatible controller
  • Online connection requirements: 256Kbps or faster Internet connection

(I can't say whether it'll play well if you set the graphics above the minimums...)

Message 2 of 6 (969 Views)

Hero

I have trouble finding good information about that APU's performance because most benchmarks seem to only want to measure its CPU power. From what I can see it scores significantly lower in the G3D benchmark compared to the minimum Radeon GPU (HD 7750).

@ThandalNLyman How did you conclude that the integrated R7 is above the minimum spec? From the benchmarks I found, it seems like this APU is slower than the HD7750

A score of 734 for the A12-9700P compared to 1698 for the HD 7750.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+R7+A12-9700P+RADEON

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+hd+7750

I'm not very familiar with AMD's APUs (I personally wouldn't play games on integrated graphics), so I could be entirely wrong.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (948 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@ThandalNLyman How did you conclude that the integrated R7 is above the minimum spec? From the benchmarks I found, it seems like this APU is slower than the HD7750

Good catch!  Based my (admittedly quick) response on this:

"AMD announced its Radeon R7 260 in December of last year, and we were excited about a $110 Radeon HD 7770 replacement."

Message 4 of 6 (945 Views)

Hero

Could we just unban Gorath for a moment? He usually had the right answers to these questions. Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 6 (915 Views)

I wouldn't try to run any game that has been produced in the last 3-4 years, as a general rule, IF they are fairly graphic intensive gamers games.  Things like Sims4 can be run on pretty low end machine simply because they are catering to that crowd.  The ones you list Black Ops2 and Assassin's Creed Revelations SHOULD run, but honestly, if you are planning on gaming on PC you really need to upgrade your hardware to more of a gaming rig.  This means a decent CPU and a Separate stand alone, ie not part of motherboard and one that actually plugs into the motherboard, Video card.  What you get is up to you, but at a min, one of the new Ryzens or Intel I5, and a newer Video card...AMD is lagging right now for the price but I seem to have less issues with Drivers with them, so for now I still lean toward them....but unless they get off their Caboose i will be looking hard at Nvidia next upgrade time for me.

You should be able to continue with older games, but considering your rig, you may have some issue there too.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 6 of 6 (1,045 Views)