Can kids' accounts go on-line to play Battlefront 2?

by TheArgonaut

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can kids' accounts go on-line to play Battlefront 2?

★★★ Newbie

My pre-teen son is trying to go online and play Battlefront 2 with his friends, but he receives an error message when he tries to log-in to his EA/Origins account.  I read on-line that EA/Origins prevents kids younger than 16 years old from playing Battlefront 2 online. 

Can you please confirm whether kids' accounts are permitted to play online?  Is there any way for parents to determine which EA/Origin games their children are permitted to play?  (For example, an adult's "Parent Account" could change settings for the child accounts in his/her family, including granting permission to access on-line content for specific games. This is similar to what Microsoft does with the Xbox account and access.)

Message 1 of 7 (2,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can kids' accounts go on-line to play Battlefront 2?

Champion

@hirschihuskies97 @NextiroDT @TheArgonaut 

Hello there!

Yes, you can use the parental control settings.

(That totally depends on your gaming platform.)

Please check the link below.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/?utm_campaign=legal-help&sou...

Best Regards,

@Sati_Sati 

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,421 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Is there any parental control involved? That's probably it or the age that's on the account info is below 16?

Message 2 of 7 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever get an answer or this problem solved? I am dealing wit this issue in PS4 and getting sick of it. Error: 426.

it's been 3 days for me searching for answers online and nothing.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 7 (2,455 Views)

Champion

@hirschihuskies97 @NextiroDT @TheArgonaut 

Hello there!

Yes, you can use the parental control settings.

(That totally depends on your gaming platform.)

Please check the link below.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/?utm_campaign=legal-help&sou...

Best Regards,

@Sati_Sati 

Message 4 of 7 (2,422 Views)

★★ Novice

This is NOT true. EA games CANNOT be played online with a child account even if you give permission through your chosen platform. Which is pretty dang stupid.

Message 5 of 7 (1,686 Views)

★★ Novice

I just verified My sons account  on the Xbox is at age 17, and it asks for me to confirm via email. I never receive the email, and it is getting frustrating considering he can play Madden 23 with no problem yet this game won’t allow him to play it. I’m about to just uninstall the damn game. 

Message 6 of 7 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sati_Sati This doesn't work. In fact, I've made every single setting 'unrestricted' for my son and it sill won't allow him to log in. He sent me a 'communication' request - I said 'yes'. Doesn't work. Do parents just make 17+ accounts for their 10-year-old kids to get around this? Battlefront is a pretty tame game compared to many - I'm fine with him being online on this one....
Message 7 of 7 (581 Views)