Can i earn a 20 kill badge or 4k damage badge on Arenas?

by felelmetesjonas

Original Post

Can i earn a 20 kill badge or 4k damage badge on Arenas?

★★★★★ Newbie

I thought you could earn damage badges from the arenas gameplay mode, but it looks like you might not be able to. This is something I wish we could do because I just really like the mode and know I'm gonna play it a lot. Maybe I'm way, but I would love to see this and other badges be earnable in it. Or maybe even have an arena damage/kill badge, showing off your max damages/kills (over x amount to unlock?) in arena. 

Message 1 of 16 (3,340 Views)

Re: Can i earn a 20 kill badge or 4k damage badge on Arenas?

Hero
@felelmetesjonas Even if this was possible which it is not as there is not enough people or rounds to achieve this the chances of getting 20 kills every single round is virtually impossible without friends helping assist with it. 4k Damage is possible but would be very rare.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 16 (3,335 Views)

[ Edited ]

@E9ine_AC You can have enough rounds, if you end up in a tie breaker mode there is a ton of back and forth that can happen. I had a round in which it was 2vs3 for my squad. We almost won it but it was constant back and forth and went multiple rounds. It was my longest match to date.

but I don’t think it should count towards those badges because it would be easy to farm them off of bad teams.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 16 (3,305 Views)

Hero
@DarthValtrex Yea but the exploit side of things can see a problem with this. If friends que together and just trade to obtain this or help each other get 20 bomb to be much easier and unnoticeable by others.

Message 4 of 16 (3,298 Views)

@E9ine_AC Pretty much yeah, put together a team queue in, you find out the enemy team is not good. You can just intentionally lose a few rounds to get more rounds and boost damage numbers and kills.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 16 (3,280 Views)

Hero
@DarthValtrex Well i just put my try hard pants on and actually did well. I didnt hit 4k but did get 3632 damage. This was every single round that can possibly be played.

Message 6 of 16 (3,274 Views)

Hero

3.6.PNG

@DarthValtrex Well i just put my try hard pants on and actually did well. I didnt hit 4k but did get 3632 damage. This was every single round that can possibly be played.

Message 7 of 16 (3,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@felelmetesjonasBecause it's way easier to hit high dmg in Arenas. My friend hit 3.3 k dmg yesterday. Let's say he doesn't do as much dmg in BR when he plays with me, I carry him. He is around the same skill level as me, but struggles in BR. Our team had combined 8.5k dmg in 8 or 9 rounds. I also broke my dmg record in Arenas, it was easier

Maybe make separate dmg badges for Arena. That would be a good option, so you can show off where you got the badge from

Message 8 of 16 (3,254 Views)

Champion
@felelmetesjonas I expect once they have data of what is normal they will add specific damage and kill badges for arenas but because the mode is totally different it cannot use the same badges.
Message 9 of 16 (3,217 Views)

Hero
@BaldWraithSimp I find it the other way around. Hitting 4k in pubs is much much easier. I had to actually work extremely hard just for the 3.6k. Most peoples games only last around 3 rounds. So this does not allow a lot of time to stack damage with how fast the rounds are. So for that reason i feel that pubs is much easier there are a lot more people. 3 people can only get someone so much damage without going to the very last possible round. So its actually quite harder to obtain such kills r damage inside arena mode for these reasons compared to pubs.

Message 10 of 16 (3,200 Views)