Can gunfights in 2042 be less like this?

by UP_Hawxxeye

Original Post

Can gunfights in 2042 be less like this?

★★★★★ Expert

https://i.imgur.com/tmp9NZZ.mp4

Perhaps it is an unpopular opinion but I would like so see people act more like human soldiers than crabs or at the very list to have some real accuracy penalty when strafespaming

Message 1 of 32 (980 Views)

Re: Can gunfights in 2042 be less like this?

★★ Guide
@UP_Hawxxeye The more real you make gunplay the less fun it is. atleast for me. Like DICE adding those painfully long animations for entering or exiting vehicles made those classic 'Only in battlefield' moments kinda impossible.
Message 2 of 32 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@PaperAssassin-PC
I agree on that on hating those damned animations of BFV and 1
But I really hate shooting accurately while strafespaming being the meta.

Crabbing repeatedly left and right is hardly battlefield moment material.

The battlefield moments are more like the stuff you would see in a movie like the Randezook and the Jihad jeeps.

I can get behind the notion that shooting while moving, matrix style makes interesting footage, but instantly stopping and accelerating in the opposite direction really annoys me

Message 3 of 32 (939 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/tmp9NZZ.mp4

Perhaps it is an unpopular opinion but I would like so see people act more like human soldiers than crabs or at the very list to have some real accuracy penalty when strafespaming

Totally agree. This has to be changed, not in a way that you have a milsim game afterwards, because war is not fun at all, but in a way, that using your brain will give you an advantage. Also punish people that are sliding around all the time. I also think, that suppression is a needed feature. You just can't aim with a sniper rifle, if a heavy mg is suppressing you.

Message 4 of 32 (914 Views)

★ Guide

I agree that it is very easy to shoot with the sniper while you are being shot. I think the suppression should return as it was in battlefield 3, it was quite good and the player required more skill to shoot when suppressed.

The sliding thing on the floor should be removed (at least in my personal taste) is something I do not like in battlefield, they should leave the old mechanics perhaps a little more polished. 

Message 5 of 32 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@PaperAssassin-PC wrote:
@UP_HawxxeyeThe more real you make gunplay the less fun it is. atleast for me. Like DICE adding those painfully long animations for entering or exiting vehicles made those classic 'Only in battlefield' moments kinda impossible.

Not so much about making it feel real. One of the recurring criticisms of Battlefield 5 was the lack of momentum player characters had when moving, especially on PC with digital input (as opposed to analogue sticks on console). It lead to really silly gameplay with players darting side to side with almost no penalty to movement or accuracy. It's the same issue Battlefield 1 and 4 had when they released but were remedied in updates. Battlefield 5 never received the fix that was applied to previous games.

Message 6 of 32 (864 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sliding, the player should have been sliding while shooting the others. 

Message 7 of 32 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@frantayps wrote:

Sliding, the player should have been sliding while shooting the others. 

Speaking of sliding, do you remember that  scene? :D

PS: I met you in a server a few days ago but you did mot seemed to respond to me Confused

Message 8 of 32 (816 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@UP_Hawxxeye ,  @PaperAssassin-PC pretty much nailed it.  I do agree with bigger aim penalties, but EA DICE have done better with indicating the more hip-fire friendly weapons (SMGs , shotguns) through the UI.  Players will inevitably adopt the playstyle that best reward them, so if EA DICE do see this as an issue, they will gradually change it.

Message 9 of 32 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Totally agree. Fed up of having people sprinting around while jumping and sliding with no penalty at all (and apparently able to hip fire at long range while doing it). If people want to keep the unrealistic movement, then actualy have some sort of penalty in regard to accuracy and a recovery time after a set amount of sprint.

Message 10 of 32 (805 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help