Re: Can fake Criterion make future NFS in time?

by BVBgamer88

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 41 of 53 (924 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GUCCIxADIDAS We may never see a brand new NFS full of top end supercars.The reason EA rebooted NFS with 2015 was the need for sales(daydreaming of mid 2000s 10 million plus salea)They thought Chav cars are still mainstream.Hot Pursuit/Rivals focus on natural scenery and top end supercar.Which is different from what EA visioned as Essence of NFS(Statement during NFS2015 reveal)If they go back to what Classic fans want they will lose what they have as fans now.The long-running style warfare between Cannonball and Furious are the exact reason NFS can't please its full fanbase whatsoever.So EA took the easy way by dropping Classic Era and fulfilling Golden Era fans. Sadly time has change and NFS never got the success it wants during these years.So just like old time we may see HP returns to save the name once again.But I highly doubt it will let EA realize the duality of NFS and continue the series with a consistent cycle between Cannonball and Furious.
Message 42 of 53 (911 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GK3512 In the article about Fake Criterion takes over NFS Matt Webster(Current leader of the team) stated Heat will be the base of future NFS. Which means chav cars/awkward story/Countless return of Blackbox cars and heavy focus on custom rather than driving.It's ironic that no NFS after MW2005 had great sales record and none of them outsold HP2010-the game without story or custom.So if players already showed EA Cannonball NFS suits current fanbase more than Furious NFS.Why EA still refuse to let team make a full new Cannonball NFS?(HP2 2014 was rushed to 2013 as Rivals with different engine and HP2010/Rivals are the only 2 NFS in such style in past decade)
Message 43 of 53 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@GK3512If EA really wanted too please us cannonball fans, they could easliy solved that with hiring a extra studio. Then matt Webster and his new Criterion, could focus on chav games and the new studion on cannonball. But EA is too stubborn and arrogant too admit it, plus it seems like they dont care about us older fans.

Message 44 of 53 (744 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Cannonball NFS are EA wild card.We never know when will it return and it will only return when NFS is on the edge of oblivion. HP2010 was done because BB and SMS both failed to make successful games. Rivals is kinda the same with MW2012/The Run flopped hell.So unless there are no choice at all(and current games flops hell over and over) Cannonball NFS can't return as a full new game(HP2010 Remaster isn't full new and Rivals is just a mix of HP2010 and MW2012)
Message 45 of 53 (731 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Also there is another chance for Cannonball taking over-HP2010 Remastered outsells NFS2021.If so(highly unlikely though) maybe this style will become mainstream in NFS again.
Message 46 of 53 (730 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GK3512 The Career page of Criterion is still unchanged.After over half a year they still can't hire enough talent for one of the biggest racing game franchise.Corona may influence everything more or less. But not one position fulfilled?I guess NFS2021 may suffer rushing and postpone for the lack of manpower.
Message 47 of 53 (711 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 Yeah we can allways hope that Hot Pursuit remaster will sell enough, so cannonball style can take over again. But i guess thats just dreamscenario more then its realistic, you are right man its kinda wierd that Criterion hasent hired any people so far. I guarentee if EA rush this game ,i think the series will be done and dusted.
Message 48 of 53 (701 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GK3512 News on twitter said NFS2021 will have motorbikes/emotes in motion capture area.Maybe motorbikes are only in cutscenes like what happened in Heat.But emotes is just another useless trendchaser of The Crew 2/FH4.Guess next game wont save the dying series.
Message 49 of 53 (602 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GK3512

That we can absolutely agree on! I am with the belief that bikes have no place in NFS, just as "street racing has no place on public roads" haha.

Emotes or dances, too, as you rightly pointed out are just comical and stupid at best. A pathetic attempt to copy other franchises indeed, a category which I thought engine swaps actually fell into; but I guess that's the new norm now.

Although, I just wanted to inform you that it may or may not have been debunked. One of the leading NFS community figures reached out to the guy ("Axel Nu") and has come to the conclusion that it could have been scrapped stuff for Heat?

Either way, I understand your concern entirely, particularly in relation to the short staff and dev team responsible for delivering our next game. The point that was emphasised most by said NFS community figure was that the assets and motion capture is still in their hands, obviously, and they could still very easily use it...

Message 50 of 53 (569 Views)