Can anyone explain what Chapter XP Booster is

by SG4HiSpeedJnkie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can anyone explain what Chapter XP Booster is

★★ Guide

Before I spend more hard earned money on a game that I both love and love to hate after each update can anyone tell me what the "Chapter XP Booster" does in the Battlefield V – Chapter 4 Premium Booster Pack? I'm trying to justify the price some skins and trinkets. Below is what the pack includes for $27 for Origin Access Members:

You’ll get 2,000 Battlefield Currency to spend on vanity items, too.
Full content list:

• Chapter XP Booster
  • 6 Chapter Reward Tiers Skipped
  • 2 Epic outfits: Wild Eagle (Allies) and Sturmwolf (Axis)
  • 2,000 Battlefield Currency
  • 4 Epic weapon skin(s)
  • 3 Special Assignments

Not really asking if it is worth the money based on the other items but I am curious to know what the Chapter XP Booster does and how long it lasts. Would it be there when I am ranking up to 500 when that is out. 

TIA

Message 1 of 15 (3,310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can anyone explain what Chapter XP Booster is

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

The boost adds 20% to what you earn per round to your overall chapter 4 progression and you will see in the end of round screen how much you earned. 

image.png

You can see the +666 representing the 20% XP Boost.

Let me know if you got any more questions. Standard smile 

/Atic

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (3,817 Views)

All Replies

Hello @SG4HiSpeedJnkie

Chapter 4 Premium Booster Pack will give you some free tiers and special assignments, if you complete one of those special assignment you will be rewarded with 10 000 XP

This is only for Chapter 4 Tides of War, It will not boost your XP when Rank increase will be released. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 15 (3,288 Views)

★★ Guide
@WindowsManTv_CZE Thank you for the reply and I did see that but I guess the question of the day is "what is a Chapter XP Booster and what does it do". First item from the copy paste take from Origin.com. Is it like BF1 squad boost where you get a multiplier for XP? Is it only you or is it squad related?
This is the frustrating thing for me. I love this game but the lack of details with stuff like this $27 purchase is ridiculous. I can't seem to find clean images of the Epic Outfits and there is no valuable break down of what you get, item by item, for your real world money.

Help me spend my money EA/Dice, or help me decide if I want to at minimum.

If it is only Chapter 4 then I would be buying the two models and some gun skins and 2000 boins. I am already at 24 for the Chapter so skipping 6 isn't a biggie for me.
Message 3 of 15 (3,284 Views)

6 tiers out of 40 isn't worth it in my opinion - their prices in V are even worse than HUT/MUT (and that's saying something)

They mentioned there being a 1.5x or 2x exp boost a long time ago but hey, they also mentioned all cosmetics Epic and below would be made available through CC and look what they did there...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 15 (3,280 Views)

@SG4HiSpeedJnkie

It is not multiplier for your XP, you will just get free tiers and those special assignments for XP.. This XP pack is active and unlocked only for you, others need to pay for it. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 5 of 15 (3,271 Views)

★★ Guide
@WindowsManTv_CZE I completely get what you mean. It is just frustrating that they want more money from us without actually showing or explaining what we are purchasing. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Message 6 of 15 (3,268 Views)

[ Edited ]

@WindowsManTv_CZE - Multiple XP boosters were data-mined; one was for chapter levelling and another was a timed booster similar to BF1 though these haven't been discussed in detail.

The Chapter Booster part of the pack in this thread is meant for tier levels and unlocks and available only to who purchased it. 

Speed, you might want to post your question in the regular forums or ask a dev on twitter since they are active there as well. (they are highly active here but are slightly more tight-lipped when it comes to new info)

Message 7 of 15 (3,267 Views)

★★ Guide
@TTZ_Dipsy Exactly what you mentioned is why I am confused. I will definitely look into it more like you suggested and report back if I find anything out.
Message 8 of 15 (3,263 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SG4HiSpeedJnkie 

According to a reddit user (so take it with a grain of salt), this particular boost awards you an extra 20%xp bonus for chapter experience (40 tier levels). In theory, a player who isn't already maxed level could also use that extra 20% bonus for character progression, but it would most likely only be made available until they reach chapter tier 40.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/c7rlt8/complete_chapter_4_premium_booster_pack_conten...

Message 9 of 15 (3,251 Views)

★★ Guide
@TTZ_Dipsy Thank you. More than i found so far.
Message 10 of 15 (3,246 Views)