Can a parent transfer an Origin game to their child's account?

by Icefire527

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can a parent transfer an Origin game to their child's account?

★★★ Novice

So when purchasing Need for Speed Most Wanted and the Popcap Hero Bundle while they were on sale, we thought that the Origin client would allow the game to be shared with other accounts on the computer like how Steam and other clients. So we bought it on my dad's account thinking that my account would be able to play it. Apparently, it doesn't work that way with Origin. Is there anyway the game can be transferred to my account from my dad's since the games were bought for me to play? My account is over the age of 13 if that matters.

Message 1 of 2 (1,372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can a parent transfer an Origin game to their child's account?

Community Manager

Hey @Icefire527 if you are looking to transfer a game between accounts then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

I would advise having both account owners present when making the call to make it as easy as possible.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,355 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can a parent transfer an Origin game to their child's account?

Community Manager

Hey @Icefire527 if you are looking to transfer a game between accounts then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

I would advise having both account owners present when making the call to make it as easy as possible.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,356 Views)