Re: Can Squadrons Be A Live Service?

by Goivus

Original Post

Can Squadrons Be A Live Service?

I would like it if Squadrons received new content. This game needs updates like private play and more maps. If this game is not updated then it will be a wasted opportunity for an Esports game and a game that is constantly updated and played like Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Can we please have Squadrons as a live service the game does not have enough to keep me playing?! Even though the game has got a lot of issues and is not super popular it is more popular than any Battlefield game on Twitch and is a lower medium watched game. This game needs updates also because not being a live service can turn people away from the game. Ian Frazier said that the game was all in one it did not need any updates. The game does need updates it just does not have enough and needs private play to make Esports possible. If you are a streamer (Like me) or love the game keep on playing it to show EA and Motive that this game is worth updating and needs to be improved and made into an Esports game. Please make Squadrons a live service!

Message 1 of 7 (644 Views)

Unfortunatrly thr dev team stated they have no interest in creating future DLC so turning Squadrons into a live service is out of the question.

For curiosity sake, what sort of updates did you have in mind?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 7 (630 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy New maps, modes, customizations, and private play. I wish the developers got some sense into their minds and realized that the game is not complete and needs updates.
Message 3 of 7 (602 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PlurgeTrooper I sincerely hope not.
Message 4 of 7 (592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

While I also love this game there does need to be some more things to work towards even if it is just more customization or aesthetic options. At this point I already have everything I want aesthetically so glory points are useless to me. 

I understand it is meant to be a competitive multiplayer game and that is where the replay comes in...

But times have changed. People like having things to work towards. And yes this is a relatively complete game but people are already losing interest. And I dont want that to happen..

The same thing happened with for honor..which is an amazing game to this day by the way...but when it launched it had similar issues and its almost impossible for a game to recover if there is a sudden drop at the start. I dont want that to happen.

I dont mean make this game as a “service”. But regular new cosmetic options would i think please so many. Star Wars is loaded with rich aesthetic option the possibilities would be limitless. 

But then I guess the issue is how will that be paid for?...micro transactions...which we dont want.....

Message 5 of 7 (586 Views)

★ Guide

If nothing happens fast, the game will be dead in weeks from now. I love the game too, but there isn't enough of it. Fleet Battles are set pieces of encounters, this should be dynamic, eg, random spawn of fighter groups, assault ships, etc; not the fixed setting we have.

Message 6 of 7 (582 Views)

★ Guide
@MKh501 A game that did this in a brilliant way was Section 8, there you could focus on activating secondary missions by the way you played.
Message 7 of 7 (578 Views)