NEED FOR SPEED  - Gameplay on youtube 

Please guide 

Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (2,316 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I upload gameplay on youtube ?

Community Manager

Hey @ZararAhmad9

As long as your videos meet the fair use guidelines you should be fine to upload them. If you want to be extra sure your videos are OK, I'd recommend checking out the process for requesting permission to use EA content. You can find more info on this over at the EA Help website: 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-request-permission-for-ea-games-content

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (2,287 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
@ZararAhmad9 Hello.

You should be fine uploading Need for Speed videos to youtube.

The only thing you will need to be careful of is monetising your video, it's possible that your video could be flagged for licensed audio copyright. It's very unlikely your video would be flagged for anything other than audio.

You will not be banned if your video is flagged, it just means the monetised video will no longer earn you money and instead go towards whoever sent out the copyright claim. At that point you can either delete the video, edit out the audio or leave the video as is.

If you don't monetise your videos then you have nothing to worry about.

I have uploaded many videos in my time and have only ever had videos flagged for bits of audio here and there, so you should be fine.
Message 2 of 4 (2,293 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ZararAhmad9

As long as your videos meet the fair use guidelines you should be fine to upload them. If you want to be extra sure your videos are OK, I'd recommend checking out the process for requesting permission to use EA content. You can find more info on this over at the EA Help website: 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-request-permission-for-ea-games-content

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 4 (2,288 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Of course, you can upload such kind of videos on youtube, but you shouldn't forget about copyright. All games are protected by copyright. No video game is old enough yet to have expired copyright, so none are in the public domain. (For content made by a company, the duration is 95 years.) So you have to discover what the company’s policy is toward the use of their content. They usually share that policy on their website, through social media, or their online forums. Note, companies that monetize their gameplay content on networks like Twitch are very hostile toward use elsewhere. But you should totally try to upload your gameplay videos and if you need to create them, add photos/videos to your main part of the video using https://www.fastreel.com/video-maker.html.

Message 4 of 4 (2,154 Views)