Re: Can I please get help with Tropico 5 on Windows PC

by EA_Darko

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I found a way of making Tropico 5 actually open by doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPX3f90Iqu0

Now the new problem I was having was that the game automatically stopped after the intro. So I did my own research and found this solution for now:

- Move the "XAudio2_7.DLL" file to the desktop (located in C:\Windows\SYSWOW64), play game, move DLL back when done.

It's definitely not a permanent fix, since now there is no audio being played on my PC whilst I play the game, but at least I can play the game.

Message 11 of 14 (825 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NKIqbal issues such as this are game related, best thing to do is to contact the developer/publisher for further assistance.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 14 (234 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko The developer/publisher don't want to take any responsibility for this game and keep referring all customers back to EA and Origin since that is where the game was bought. So in reality there isn't any official help available for customers regarding Tropico 5.
Message 13 of 14 (221 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NKIqbal we can assist with basic troubleshooting for third party games purchased on Origin but for issues such as you are seeing you will need to speak with the game developer/publisher for further assistance.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 14 (204 Views)