Can I play star wars battlefront on a mac apple computer

by ryguypie123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I play star wars battlefront on a mac apple computer

★★★ Newbie

I have a download only Star Wars Battlefront PC Digital Download that I purchased.  I have an Apple Computer.  Can I download this game?

Message 1 of 17 (65,543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I play star wars battlefront on a mac apple computer

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey guys, as mentioned in this thread, Star Wars Battlefront is not compatible with Mac OS.

I don't want to start a discussion about PCs and Macs and which is more powerful, since they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Yes, you can install Windows via Bootcamp on a Mac and, if everyhting goes well, also play some games made for Windows PCs. I do have an iMac at home as well which plays some games that do not require a high-end build. However, due to some Bootcamp restrictions, you cannot update your drivers manually - you are bound to install the drivers Apple suggests.

Therefore, you might be lucky and the game could run on your Mac - but since it's not officially supported, I cannot say "Yes, it will run on this and that Mac" since it might not.

Hope that clears things up a bit. Have a great day.

View in thread

Message 7 of 17 (78,214 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ryguypie123

SW:BF is not made to run on Mac OS.  If you had bootcamp with Windows, you might be able to.  However, I know alot of Macs are not that powerful, so I doubt you would be able to.  Can you post your PC specs and I will see if you are able to? (CPU, GPU, RAM)

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 17 (65,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wow "mac is not that powerful" hahahaha maybe the game developers are not that powerful.

Message 3 of 17 (64,550 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @ABUJWAIYI3 

I am really sorry, but Star Wars: Battlefront is currently only available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 4 of 17 (64,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lol. I just posted a thread about this too. Sucks more for you man. You actually only have a Mac. I have a pc, but that doesn't work great with Battlefront. Hope the best for us. 

Message 5 of 17 (64,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Idk. My iMac is more powerful than my pc, so I don't think it's about compatibility. I have a bootcamp, but it keeps crashing every minute, so that doesn't work so well. 

Message 6 of 17 (64,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey guys, as mentioned in this thread, Star Wars Battlefront is not compatible with Mac OS.

I don't want to start a discussion about PCs and Macs and which is more powerful, since they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Yes, you can install Windows via Bootcamp on a Mac and, if everyhting goes well, also play some games made for Windows PCs. I do have an iMac at home as well which plays some games that do not require a high-end build. However, due to some Bootcamp restrictions, you cannot update your drivers manually - you are bound to install the drivers Apple suggests.

Therefore, you might be lucky and the game could run on your Mac - but since it's not officially supported, I cannot say "Yes, it will run on this and that Mac" since it might not.

Hope that clears things up a bit. Have a great day.

Message 7 of 17 (78,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A bit late, but I can confirm that the game works on Bootcamp with a 2014 MacBook Pro w/ Nvidia. It doesn't run on max graphics settings, but it does run on lower settings quite nicely. Just make sure your computer's hardware is within the minimum requirements for the game, and it should work.

Message 8 of 17 (58,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this and when ever I try to open the game it just says this...          

Your Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for playing

this game

" " GPU does not support DirectX 11.0 which is required.

Message 9 of 17 (55,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hate apple computers they make everything so difficult::eadisappointed:

Message 10 of 17 (55,228 Views)