Re: Can I get banned for afking

by LaughingSharko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I get banned for afking

★★★ Novice

Hello! I never afked before in ranked. Im plat IV and i landed in a match. My internet was bad even though i had low ping (80) and it was unplayable so i said them i had to afk to fix my internet. Cus if i didnt i had any other chance cus it was unplayable. So i checked if anyone was using internet and called my internet services they fixed it pretty soon and i afked around 3-4 mins and it was not like i was afk from start as well i went in a corner so i wouldnt die. Both teammates died and picked up his banner so one of them waited for like 2 mins and he reported me. Which what i would do as well cus it makes sense. I apologized from him and explained i had fixed my internet.  I already have 1week ban record before for a different reason. My question is will i get banned ? and if i do will it be perma ban ?

Message 1 of 10 (1,345 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ErwinTheRat You won’t get banned for getting reported once. Certainly not permabanned. So no need to worry.

[Removed by CM]

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,328 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ErwinTheRat You won’t get banned for getting reported once. Certainly not permabanned. So no need to worry.

[Removed by CM]

Message 2 of 10 (1,329 Views)

@ErwinTheRat You called your internet service and they fixed in less than 3-4 minutes?

That's pretty amazing.
Message 3 of 10 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer! I was only worried cus i had a ban record for harrasment before but its good to know that. That guy probably was not happy because he died and wanted to blame something which happened to me Standard smile Thank you again have a good day

Message 4 of 10 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont know whats wrong with my internet. It usually goes to like 0.5 mbps even tho it should be 50 and i restart my internet or call the service they just fix it quickly. I dont know why it happens but atleast they fix it quick

Message 5 of 10 (1,314 Views)

@ErwinTheRat You may have a virus or you could try restarting your internet router on your own before opening Apex. That's what I do sometimes if I notice that pages are hanging too much.

With the pandemic, speeds can slow down too if you're on a 50:50 split in the local area.
Message 6 of 10 (1,296 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i will report team mates for leaving early or going afk

sabotage

Message 7 of 10 (1,254 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ErwinTheRat You were able to get a hold of your ISP in 3-4 mins and they fixed your internet? What ISP is this? None of this smells right.
Message 8 of 10 (1,244 Views)

@ErwinTheRat Going AFK here or there should not be an issue. I have done it various reasons. Sometimes a match starts and something comes up. It’s not a huge deal.

I think the TOS is only worried about the people who abuse it to throw matches and/or get around SBMM.

I would not worry about it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 10 (1,221 Views)

★★★ Novice

I call the bot of my ISP and i gets fixed usually in 2 3 minutes. I dont talk to a normal human you just press some buttons abaout what your problem is ( which is 1,6,2 i called them so many times that i dont even listen to the bot)  and it gets fixed quick. When i had my old ISP none of this were happening i think because it uses their own infrastructure. But my new ISP doesnt have a infrastructure and uses different companys infrastructure which why i think this is happening. Im not trying to lie or something else because this is not origin support it doesnt matter what i write here if i were to get banned i would have to talk to origin support. (Sorry abaout my grammer)

Message 10 of 10 (1,193 Views)