Can I buy a game on Origin and have saved to download at a later time?

by jag422

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I buy a game on Origin and have saved to download at a later time?

★★ Novice

Hello!

I'm wondering if I can I buy a game via the Origin client and have it saved as a game I've purchased with my account in my library so I can download it when I get a better computer.

Or does it force me to download the game at the time of the purchase?

Basically, is it possible for me to buy a game in Origin but download it later?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (970 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I buy a game on Origin and have saved to download at a later time?

You can buy and download later.  I know for sure, since I bought 3 games this weekend for the sale here, and haven't downloaded any of them.  I have probably 30% of the games on my account downloaded to my computer the rest are just on the account and waiting for "sometime" to play them.

Once they are linked to your account, they are yours, and you can play or just admire on your account as you please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (951 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can I buy a game on Origin and have saved to download at a later time?

You can buy and download later.  I know for sure, since I bought 3 games this weekend for the sale here, and haven't downloaded any of them.  I have probably 30% of the games on my account downloaded to my computer the rest are just on the account and waiting for "sometime" to play them.

Once they are linked to your account, they are yours, and you can play or just admire on your account as you please.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (952 Views)