Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can I Keep the Dawn Shield Please.

by PhantexGaming

Original Post

Highlighted

Can I Keep the Dawn Shield Please.

★★★★★ Apprentice

I main a Colossus and i know that once we create it (and depending on how you made it, it costs a lot to build), why don't we keep it anymore? a Shield customization slot was always something i would of loved to have and that shield looked great on there!

I can understand the argument that since we enter the HoR it's destroyed or used... but there's a Stronghold literally in the HoR... so why'd they just remove it from the game magically?

Message 1 of 7 (179 Views)

Re: Can I Keep the Dawn Shield Please.

[ Edited ]
Champion

It doesn’t really have anything to do with the Colossus shield. It’s a thingie that goes on a javelin’s “wrist.” You can kinda see it on Haluk’s javelin during some of the conversations.

I’m also pretty sure that story-wise it’s now part of your javelin, whichever one you use, but in terms of gameplay it doesn’t seem to do anything, even in the Heart of Rage mission itself. It’s literally a plot device.

Issues with adding it as an actual usable items would include:

- Everyone would have it

- Lore-wise, it’s supposed to be OPAF

- The console controllers have barely enough buttons for the actions that are already in the game

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 2 of 7 (163 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

oh i know that it did nothing honestly beyond a plot device, but having unique items in the game at some point would of been fun... there's nothing unique right now. We all have access to the same armor sets so the only difference is the colour scheme of the Javelin... which is pretty bland to me.

either that or the gives is the Javelin of Dawn.. i'm okay with either haha.

Message 3 of 7 (151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@PhantexGaming wrote:

oh i know that it did nothing honestly beyond a plot device, but having unique items in the game at some point would of been fun... there's nothing unique right now. We all have access to the same armor sets so the only difference is the colour scheme of the Javelin... which is pretty bland to me.

either that or the gives is the Javelin of Dawn.. i'm okay with either haha.

The Javelin of Dawn armor for the Colossus was made available with the purchase of the Legion of Dawn Edition Upgrade. if what you are looking for is the armor's appearance.

Message 4 of 7 (140 Views)

Champion

There would be nothing unique about using the Shield of Dawn either. Literally anyone who has finished the story would have it. They’d be less unique than Legendaries.

Personally, I had a Legendary Component on my Colossus (forget which, Softened Blows I think?) and pretended that that was the Dawn Shield. Or you can pretend that invulnerability during the ultimate is from the Dawn Shield. Actually having a shield that you can activate to become invulnerable at any time would be silly though.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 5 of 7 (134 Views)

Champion

@gortessoth wrote:

The Javelin of Dawn armor for the Colossus was made available with the purchase of the Legion of Dawn Edition Upgrade. if what you are looking for is the armor's appearance.

The Legion Colossus armor pack doesn’t look exactly like Tarsis’ javelin, but it is pretty close. It also isn’t really unique, since quite a lot of people have the Dawn edition. But the only way to make something truly rare would be to either put it behind a ludicrous grind wall, or sell it in the store at a ludicrous price. At which point everyone would complain it’s way out of reach for most people.

The one thing I’ve noticed that’s actually pretty rare in this game, in terms of appearance, is a half decent sense of style. But that’s not something they can sell, unfortunately.

Message 6 of 7 (131 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

yeah i hear that, would of been nice.. but i agree there really is nothing unique currently.

Message 7 of 7 (113 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help