Can Engineer still build teleporters?

by Telerick79

Original Post

Can Engineer still build teleporters?

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing the Engineer for some time now in PvP mode. But it seems that he can't build teleporters anymore?! Can someone else confirm this? Did they leave out that ability? 

Message 1 of 6 (593 Views)

Re: Can Engineer still build teleporters?

★★★★ Guide
@Telerick79 Teleporters arent a thing in this game unfortunately. I can see why they removed them though, in gw2 every team was basically required at least 1 rose and engineer or you were at a massive disadvantage because you didnt have the teleporter. Also if u wanted to play rose or engineer you were basically forced to spend the entire game:

‘building tele -> building turrets -> team wins point -> repeat for entire match’

Became very cyclical and 1 dimensional for those roles.
Message 2 of 6 (577 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, but that ist what a classed based shooter is about. That there are different roles to fullfill. And you also got points when people used your teleporter. Now they took another thing out that made this game unique. Sucks. 

Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)

★ Guide
@Telerick79 I'm agree.

No variants, no teletransport, no stiker shop & book....... no GW3.
Message 4 of 6 (554 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Telerick79 wrote:

Yeah, but that ist what a classed based shooter is about. That there are different roles to fullfill. And you also got points when people used your teleporter. Now they took another thing out that made this game unique. Sucks. 

I would much rather have Engineer’s Drone (from GW1) than the ability to build teleporters.

I’m glad the portals are gone so more focus is centered on capture points/objectives.

Message 5 of 6 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I liked building teleporters for my team but in GW2 as opposed to GW1, some of the teleporters didn't help much. The 3rd point on moonbase Z for example, if you got the teleporter on the left you ported like 10 feet away so it wasn't very useful. 

I played TF2 before the GW games and engineers there could build the teleporter anywhere which could really change the dynamics of the game. The fixed positions made sense in GW but also made them overall less useful. Still, not happy they're gone, but they gave engineer and rose other support abilities to compensate (speed pad and the Nec'rose's curse).

I too would love the drone back.

Message 6 of 6 (512 Views)