Re: Can EA choose their promotionaal words more carefully?

by GDUBZ1

Original Post

Can EA choose their promotional words more carefully?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Back in May 2019 EA CEO stated NFS2019 is going back to the root of Racer V Cop style(Classic Era Cannonball NFS)Sadly Heat itself is still more FF River Fever the Cannonball Fever in gameplay and style. If there's a next NFS(I prefer no) Promote the game correctly please.I can understand classic era is hard to be brought back since EA obsessed with FF junks. But if EA/GG can't face the full series history, they shouldn't keep the series alive/ongoing anymore. If the real Back to the Roots NFS can be done properly as a remaster or a new game. Then save Back to the Roots words till then. Otherwise just keep fooling yourself and kill off the series quickly. At least the series won't keep worse and worse to damage NFS name in long time. I don't think NFS can survive long if such misleading idea continues as a mainstream. 

Message 1 of 27 (1,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@GK3512NFS heat did go back to Racer V Cop style. You're the one saying "Classic ear cannonball NFS" not them. Plus those are two different things. On top of that there where plenty of videos on the game before the game was even out so no excuse to act like you where mislead by the marketing.

Message 2 of 27 (1,489 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GDUBZ1 Back to the Root is EA CEO statement not mine. Cannonball style NFS is the root/classic era in NFS history. UTH article also stated cars and custom are the beating heart of NFS. Without either NFS fails to be what we know as a series. Such statement is also false and official. HP2010 already showed even years after classic era ended, classic style game is still favorable to fans. That game sold well even without custom or story like Ghost NFS. Heat is chasing a 15 years old trend that no one doing anymore(Midnight Club/Juiced/SRS all dead for a long time)If EA wants NFS go back to the root then do it properly like a 90s NFS. It's either EA can't find a dev good at simple Cannonball NFS or just doesn't want to admit and respect the full series history. Custom NFS had its time. NFS need a style change to stay alive like most long-running series.Judging by current EA statement of custom is the heart of NFS. I don't think a series saving style change will happen in time
Message 3 of 27 (1,474 Views)

★★ Guide
@GK3512 I'm more concerned that they probably used words like "improvement/s were made", or ones like "our piece of s... works"
Message 4 of 27 (1,457 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Icarium81 Yes the broken unplayable game is also a huge problem,the improvements are totally useless,new patch dont solve existing problem with new problem emerge every once in a while.It's not the first time Ghost made an unfinished NFS to players,and judging by past games,highly unlikely they can make a very finished NFS in near future.Hence why I wish EA go for a new dev with good skills and respect to series history.
Message 5 of 27 (1,448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 6 of 27 (1,428 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GUCCIxADIDAS Cannonball Run movie is the origin of classic NFS.Supercar cop chase and scenic route are what made classic era NFS unique back in 90s.The Run used the route of Cannonball Run to run across USA but the gameplay is more like Transformer action booming than real 1981 The Cannonball Run.HP2010 was the last fun and not buggy classic style NFS,The Run is closer to what Payback did-full of action and rubbish story with one-time-only characters nobody remembers
Message 7 of 27 (1,416 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

Absolutely 👍

I'll back you up on your statement and your right!

EA has been making these ridiculous promises with each new title.

Sadly they package their media as eye candy and we all get taken to the bank.

Once we all wake up to this shell game the sooner EA might realize NFS franchise is a broken record!

I do recall reading what that CEO said and I feel cheated again. 

I find nothing classic about NFS Heat.

The game feels broke and is nothing more than a hash of recent past games. 

Along with this Ghost seems to have taken ideas from the CREW game too.

NFS use to be such a leader in racing games but those days are over in my opinion. 

Have a great day. 🎅

Message 8 of 27 (1,383 Views)

★★ Expert

@GDUBZ1 

You said to @GK3512 

Quote: So no excuse to act like

you where mislead by the marketing.

My Reply:

Have you not been paying attention to each new title over the last ten years and how EA puts a bow on all those eye candy marketing videos when a new game comes out. 

It is mis leading when each title is released incomplete and missing the features promised. 

I think you have mentioned plenty of problems with NFS Heat. 

So how can you make such a colorful statement like that at  @GK3512 ?

GK3512 was 100% correct and I'm sorry but I disagree with your said statement @GDUBZ1 

Have a great day. 🥶

Message 9 of 27 (1,374 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 TBH ever since hugely rushed games are out as new entry like MW2012/The Run,NFS is start fading out of exisitence in leadership.Sadly fun arcade racing games is also a fading genre.Big names in the past like Midnight Club/Burnout/Outrun all dead for years.What's left are dying NFS/Repetitive FH and lost The Crew(Huge change of style means Ubisoft doesnt know what suit the game best)Along with kart games like CTR/Mario Kart/Sonic or so.Vehicular Combat games are mostly dead with the exception of Flatout(Wreckfest)NFS is a miracle to be alive since all they did was recycling a outdated style from 15 years ago over and over without a real change to make series fresh.With current status,not only NFS,but arcade racing games are all becoming dying breeds.
Message 10 of 27 (1,371 Views)