Can BFN be saved? (Theory)

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Can BFN be saved? (Theory)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi,

Just as a note, I named the title what it is because that is basically the video I want to share covers this theory. Personally, at this point, if the game was to be released on Nintendo Switch, I don't feel like it would have too many of effects on the game, but who knows?

That's all I really wanted to say! 

Message 1 of 6 (896 Views)

Re: Can BFN be saved? (Theory)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85I doubt releasing it on the switch would change anything as the game has been cancelled for almost half a year now and to promote the game on the switch would require money, money which Popcap simply doesn't have now and it require millions of people buying the switch port to make bfn profitable again as psn numbers show that it greatly underperformed in all time and returning players against gw1&2 alongside the game still being a mess trying to port over to another system would be a nightmare.

I don't want to be the crusher of hopes and dreams here but we simply have to face facts that its gone, dead and buried.

Message 2 of 6 (858 Views)

★ Pro
Just a quick note of celebration that it has been 367 days since I've joined the forums, hooray!

Secondly, I don't believe this will resurrect the game out of the grave. Like @stukapooka has said, it won't impact development of it. However, thinking about it, it may not be a bad idea after all. Looking at Rogue Company, they can easily optimize it for Switch. And in terms of updates, this could let them sneak in a few upon it's release.

About the Complete Edition title on it, I agree with Pyscho here, & it's mostly a marketing key, to get people to know that it's technically complete. Maybe they'll have a bundle or some unlockables to go with it, but nothing too crazy. Gotta keep that price tag low, you know.

In short, I don't think this will save BfN, but I don't see why not to do this. If they can, why not? It seems PopCap is kinda bored at the moment, so we'll let them have this.
Message 3 of 6 (833 Views)

Champion

@stukapooka and @Fork_x_Spoon, I totally agree with this, I do not feel like releasing the game on Switch is going to do much either. I wanted to share the video. Hopefully, it will bring more players or content to the game, but yes I wouldn’t get too hyped. Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (812 Views)

★★★ Pro

Well I for one hope that the game's release on Switch will revive the playerbase and bring the game back.

But in all honesty I think it would be much more profitable if PopCap and EA pooled their resources into a Garden Warfare 3 and just use Battle for Neighborville as a learning experience.

Message 5 of 6 (796 Views)

Champion

@CompleatBeet I agree completely with all of your options.

Message 6 of 6 (765 Views)