this popped out of the dummy:
60B02DAC-527D-4790-8B84-93E32DA45F81.jpeg

less important but still strange, a glowing supply bin:

D3A965EC-9A25-4400-B597-DF381BD4E554.jpeg

Message 1 of 7 (371 Views)

Re: Can Anybody Explain This?!

[ Edited ]

@BigMacAttack8u 

The first comes from bot deaths and, quite often, they aren't even always from US, but occasionally instead are one of the things that bleeds over between randoms' experiences, like holo sprays and moving ziplines.   They have some connection to TF2, just like the weapons that the dummies wield if you activate them.  I want to say they are the decapitated heads of one of the AI NPC types in TF2.  Perhaps @Kyldenar can let us know what they are!

Can't tell you anything about he latter though!

Message 2 of 7 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]

Not to hijack your thread, but it seems relevant enough.  I have been loaded into a Firing Range along with a random stranger no fewer than THREE times in the last, say, 6-8 weeks!  One of them was quite nice, with one of those funny Apex related gamer tags Steam users often have (we used voice chat for a few moments before separating) and I wish that I'd made friends with her.  But I was feeling a bit awkward.

Message 3 of 7 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@pandareno1999 The firing range can be weird, I once met a firing range friend too! Fortunately those bugs aren’t generally game breaking.
Message 4 of 7 (287 Views)

★★ Expert

@pandareno1999 wrote:

@BigMacAttack8u 

The first comes from bot deaths and, quite often, they aren't even always from US, but occasionally instead are one of the things that bleeds over between randoms' experiences, like holo sprays and moving ziplines.   They have some connection to TF2, just like the weapons that the dummies wield if you activate them.  I want to say they are the decapitated heads of one of the AI NPC types in TF2.  Perhaps @Kyldenar can let us know what they are!

Can't tell you anything about he latter though!

It looks very much like the head of a "generic" Simulacrum Pilot.

https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Simulacrum 

Revenant and Ash are NOT "unique" in being simulacrums, only in that Revenant has some odd sub-quantum tunneling VPN to take him to his next body copy automatically when killed (he is still not properly explained compared to Titanfall lore, and TF2 had freaking time travel and alien tech), and Ash had a custom frame that got re-assembled because Pathfinder is confused and thinks he has a *.

Again,

TitanfallDiedforApex.png

I go back to lurking now, awaiting any news of single player content in the setting.

Message 5 of 7 (257 Views)

Champion
@Kyldenar Recently played through TF2 for the first time, and loved it! I'm working on Master difficulty and collecting the last few pilot helmets, but got frustrated with the Viper fight, and stopped working on it for a while. If you get bored, and feel like dm'ing me any tips for that fight (so we don't derail an Apex thread), I won't be mad at you, Lmao!! I think I may need to just restart the mission, because I didn't get the greatest checkpoint at the start of the fight

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 6 of 7 (244 Views)

★★ Expert
@dSKyNafinchin Titanfall 2 is a FPS masterpiece! Good solo story, and then cooperative OR competitive multiplayer, depending on what tickles your fancy.

I wish Apex had something like Frontier Defense.
Message 7 of 7 (220 Views)