Call In Powers Redux

by Moab23

Original Post

Call In Powers Redux

★★★★ Guide

One of the features I really liked about BFV was the ability to accumulate points to call in a power, from supplies, to special vehicles, to of course, the V1. 

I'd love to see something like this return for 2142. Perhaps not so much required for the vehicles given we can already call those for airdrop (unless they added special ones, but I doubt that), but expanding it a little.

Supply crates are Angel's ability, so that is out, but anything from a temporary UAV scan like BF2, an area EMP burst, a small area of effect mortar strike, an aircraft attack run that fires guns, missiles (AGM and AA) along a narrow, designated path at any viable targets (obviously, it couldn't be massively powerful, but enough to shoo away particularly bothersome vehicles), and up to something like a JDAM or cruise missile strike.

Felt like a little extra reward for completing tasks to be given the ability to use one of these powers, and I feel it would fit the world of 2142 with these mercenaries calling in support from their military backers. 

Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: Call In Powers Redux

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

There was a lot of 'stomps' in BFV and often the 'stomped' team couldn't capture any flag (when spawntrapped), because when they tried capping a flag, a rocket or an arty-strike made the flag impossible to capture (because of squad call-ins from the 'stomping' team).

The fundamental problem is that rewarding good play often results in even more unbalanced matches, because the team that are most likely to receive call-ins, are the winning team.

BFV had really bad balance, not only because of the call-in system, but it was part of the problem.

Message 2 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: Call In Powers Redux

★★★★★ Expert
@Moab23 I think a cruise missile or artillery strikes would fit best. Maybe a "rod of god"
Message 3 of 3 (128 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help