Re: Cactus?

by CharlesHlcBendel

Original Post

Cactus?

★★ Guide

Is there an upgrade that lets your snipe charge faster?

Message 1 of 10 (776 Views)

★★★ Guide

There's one that charges it faster right after using petal propeller

Message 2 of 10 (731 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yeah but it’s terrible since it’s nerf and is still bugged.  Not worth it at all compared to others.  

Message 3 of 10 (723 Views)

Champion
@OB1-The-Only-One There is another upgrade that can reduce your charge-up time. Calibrated for 4 upgrade points, where you temporarily charge up your snipe attack more quickly, when you deal damage with your Spike Shot (secondary weapon).

Source: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Cactus_(PvZ%3A_BfN)
Message 4 of 10 (702 Views)

Upgrade Alacrity once had "Gain instant max charge for Needle Shot shortly after landing from Petal Propeller" effect.

This was so strong that this should be nerfed, but current Alacrity is too weak, and Cactus upgrades are much weaker than Deadbeard's.

I want this and other Cactus upgrades buffed.

Message 5 of 10 (679 Views)

Champion

Actually, I would like to ask this: how exactly did Alacrity get nerfed? It got nerfed some months ago, but I don’t know how it did. Did it reduce the time you had a fully-maxed shot for or something?

Message 6 of 10 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheSprinter85 

Alacrity makes her charge max instantly and repeatedly for few seconds.

She could even vanquish Space Station with full Health by 3 times critical hits in that moment, according to my memory.

I felt that she was the answer against Space Station with crews.

But by nerfing Alacrity, Space Station with crews is almost invincible.

I have few effect ideas:

1. Deal double zoom damage after landing from Petal Propeller. (Counterpart to current [Deadbeard's] Heavy Metal) [Cost:4]

2. Deal critical zoom damage automatically after landing from Petal Propeller. (Counterpart to current [Deadbeard's] Heavy Metal) [Cost:3]

3. Deal triple zoom damage shortly after landing from Petal Propeller. [Cost:4]

4. Deal critical zoom damage automatically shortly after landing from Petal Propeller. [Cost:2]

Message 7 of 10 (664 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@dwooten77 I agree, it was nerfed too much. It had many bugs and was pretty strong. They nerfed it, but didn't fix the bugs, making it useless.
Message 8 of 10 (642 Views)

★★★ Pro

It broke my heart to see my best friend cactus nerfed like that- I feel like cactus needs some buffs, though not in regards to petal propeller or potato mine. I feel like her primary rapid fire should get some tweaks, and her garlic drone sorely needs a buff. It fails to live up to parrot pal because it's explosive ability takes longer to finish and you move very slowly during this time. I feel like her explosive ability always results in the drone getting vanquished, as your aim is too slow to land hits and enemies just dodge and shoot the drone. 

Message 9 of 10 (622 Views)

I found playing Alacrity video. (This language is not English.)

It was very strong upgrade.

Message 10 of 10 (588 Views)