Re: Cactus vs. Deadbeard

by DarkLanX

Original Post

Cactus vs. Deadbeard

★★★★ Novice

I *can* do very well with both characters, but one is much worse relative to the other.

Deadbeard is infinitely better than Cactus. In terms of sniping, they're both relatively equivalent with some latency/lag/shots go through enemies without damage.

However, Deadbeard's bird is a million times better than Garlic Drone. By the time Garlic Drone launches the projectiles it is dead-- or enemies move out of the way.
The bird can just consistently launch the projectile insta-kill.

As Deadbeard, you can go around corner launch the bird and kill whoever is giving you trouble, even if the bird dies, so does the enemy. This is not possible with Garlic Bread, which has way longer wind up, by the time the first low damage projectile launches, usually the garlic drone is dead.

Also, if anyone comes near Cactus, Cactus dies. Meanwhile, if anyone comes near Deadbeard he has a much more powerful shotgun with complimentary upgrades, not to mention the barrel which can one-shot enemies, the barrel can also be used to instantly clear out an objective killing several people, Cactus can't do that.

The equivalent, potato mines, stick out and glares far too much, even people who have never played PVZ before know not to come near them and can easily identify them.

Potato mines were slightly more hidden in gw2 making them more viable.

Lastly, the flight for Cactus is slow and doesn't let you go on roofs and is very buggy.

potato vs barrel: barrel far superior.
bird vs garlic: bird far superior.
flight vs leap: leap can move you a long distance instantly combined with faster barrel can be used in stead of sprinting to gain great distance when spawning or escape. This is not possible with cactus, flight is buggy with small distance and low height.
shotgun vs spike: shotgun is much better at close range which what this would be used for.
abilities: dead beard had great abilities while cactus has one good one that is faster recharge.

Message 1 of 2 (183 Views)

Re: Cactus vs. Deadbeard

★ Guide
@5ee5potKill To me, I think that Dead Beard need a nerf to both barrel and the eggplosion and Cactus requires a small buff to close range attack and the stupid flight.
Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)