CONTROL: The Most FUN I've had with APEX in a while

by SILVERisSORRY

Original Post

CONTROL: The Most FUN I've had with APEX in a while

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to highlight that we got Control back, & so far this Event hasn't had any game breaking glitches.

Kudos to RESPAWN

Also just wanted to shout-out a fellow console player, The_Magnas(I think they are on PlayStation)

We had a very fun rivalry on Lava Siphon

I haven't had this much fun in APEX in a long time

Loving the new Control Map, LAVA SIPHON

53310fa3-6d93-4691-a43e-35c481180414.png

Message 1 of 28 (792 Views)

Re: CONTROL: The Most FUN I've had with APEX in a while

Champion
@SILVERisSORRY Yes!! I was only able to play a handful of matches last night, but I had a blast! Can't even remember how many wins, but I was practicing with the Wingman pretty much the whole time. I'll definitely be prioritizing Control while it is still active. It's a nice break from the sweaty BR games, Lmao

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 2 of 28 (781 Views)

★★★ Expert

I feel like this really has to become a permanent mode.  Improvements can be made still, but the base concept is refreshingly wonderful.

Message 3 of 28 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SILVERisSORRY Absolutely agree. The only mode that I can honestly play for hours as a solo. If there’s one thing on that rant thread that I agree is that you need two clicks now to get to your inventory.

Also would like to have the losing side more chances for a comeback so that the winning side doesn’t slack until the end. Give their home base some bonus points.
Message 4 of 28 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9ManYeah this mode is honestly the best LTM that should be Permanent. And with so many POI's that could make for future maps available, I don't see why it can't become permanent.

Just wish they would fix LOBA's Tactical already, so I can be more useful in control, as I rely on it working, when I use it, while jumping off buildings and such. It's been beyond annoying, not having it work & falling into the lava or off the map....

Message 5 of 28 (674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Yup. It literally combines the only two LTM's I've ever liked. The fab Winter Express and the auto shield regen mode. Combined with unlimited ammo... 🥳

Edit: But I'm not crazy about the weapon combos this time around. Anyone actually playing Hemlock/Bow? Longbow/Wingman?

Message 6 of 28 (638 Views)

★★ Expert

But the penalties for leaving after the game is over is kinda ruining it. Just got 2 minutes and 11 seconds... what?

Message 7 of 28 (619 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I agree this Control event should be more of a permanent fixture in this game.  If it was, I might stick around longer, after I finish the season battle pass.  Unfortunately that decision is up to Respawn and EA to make.   I understand the event comes and goes, but then you will have players come and go as well.  As a businessman myself, I would be very concerned, in the time of a client's hiatus, they might find something else to entertain them.  Before my retirement, I never conducted my business in such a fashion. 

I am casually playing this game 2 to 4 hours per day. As it stands, I will be done collecting all the items in the season and have ample time remaining.  I was never one to "grind" games, so I too will look for something else to do in the meantime.  What if I decide not to return or find something other than this game to play when I am bored?  Just food for thought.

Meanwhile this Control is a lot more like the old games Battlefront and Battlefield.  In both games have you capture control nodes or flags to reduce the number of enemy spawn points.  I can still play those other two game series as I have them on my shelf.  I don't need a server, but the AI are very lack luster.  I prefer to play with real people.  It is a lot of fun to work together on a larger squad than it is to play battle royal.

Message 8 of 28 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

With every update I pray for Control to be there. I always get so much better in game when constantly fighting, dont have to loot, dont have to wait for anything, cant run out of ammo, shields or teammates...  I can sometimes do CAR sprays I couldve seen only on YouTube... I wish this was a permanent mode. I can even see it ranked because why not ? I love Apex Legends and this Control is exactly what this game was always missing. APex legends Control is liek best game in the world pumped with two cans of Monster. :D Its just too good to be permanent mode to be honest. :D

Message 9 of 28 (573 Views)

★★★ Expert

I think they mostly need to make sure teams are balanced. If the game is not 1/2 way yo finished and someone leaves, 

Message 10 of 28 (550 Views)