Re: CHEATERS LEGENDS TSUNAMI

by Soedak

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

A normal ban will do nothing on a F2P game. They'll just make another account.

Hardware bans are almost useless. This will slow down some, as they're too lazy to jump the hoops to spoof a new ID. But if you know what you're doing, or have a ready-made script to do it for you, an ID can be spoofed in less than 2 minutes.

An authentication ban would be nearly as useless as a regular ban. Easier to spoof than a hardware ID ban.

All in all, there is no easy solution. The flaw lies in using the Source Engine. It's old, outdated, and full of holes. Hackers have been penetrating it for almost 20 years now.

Message 11 of 26 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I came across a hacker 2 weeks ago, a blatant one, wallhacks, aimbot lock on...

tracked his stats on ApexTab, 2 weeks later, they are still going up...soo GG on banning him, oh wait they havent...

Message 12 of 26 (362 Views)

★★ Guide

@Cogbro3K wrote:

A normal ban will do nothing on a F2P game. They'll just make another account.

Hardware bans are almost useless. This will slow down some, as they're too lazy to jump the hoops to spoof a new ID. But if you know what you're doing, or have a ready-made script to do it for you, an ID can be spoofed in less than 2 minutes.

An authentication ban would be nearly as useless as a regular ban. Easier to spoof than a hardware ID ban.

All in all, there is no easy solution. The flaw lies in using the Source Engine. It's old, outdated, and full of holes. Hackers have been penetrating it for almost 20 years now.

So here is the problem most people either seem to be new to PC gaming or new to the FPS genre. Hacks will and always have been around since the beginning of PC gaming in ANY game. This hacker situation isn't specific only to here. Go play CSGO, Overwatch,diablo 1-2-3, any MMORPG period filled with gold sellers/bots any FPS game always filled with hackers. 

It's like people have never seen a hacker before and Respawn is getting a huge backlash like they are the only company to allow this to happen. There is not COMBATING hackers you can implement and change systems and add this and that but they will always exist, the most you can do is put a dent in the amount of them that exist.

Currently we have been blessed that they are only selling the hacks and no free ones. Lets be happy about that at least and hope that a good report system comes out. Although they might be banned or even HWID banned if they choose to go that route, just remember HWID bans are bypassable. They have been for a long time, it'll lower the number of hackers at least since not all of them know how to bypass it but still.

Just remember if you want to deal with as little hackers as possible PC gaming is not the place for it at least not in this age. Which is unfortunate for me since I only play on PC but it's way more fulfilling for me so I just deal with it.

Alternatively you can try playing on NA servers which although will run you higher ping obviously unless you live there I only encounter a hacker maybe twice daily at the most and put in 4-6 hours daily.

Message 13 of 26 (354 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Dude it's pretty bad in NA too now. You can maybe play 4-5 games before you run into a hacker but that's still enough for me to put this game down for a while. Between crashes and hacking who knows if they can even fix these issues. If you peeps are going to spend money on this game I would do it cautiously, this game may be dead soon with all the issues. I myself will be taking a break until next patch to see if it gets better. Love this game it's too bad really.
Message 14 of 26 (337 Views)

★ Apprentice

You guys also have to understand that not every cheater will be so obvious, I saw a pic of a cheat and it had options to hit in the head, chest and other place.

The problem with cheats it is the un-human accuracy/precision, but nothing stop hacks to be humanized. The game has more cheaters than you think.

Message 15 of 26 (319 Views)

★ Novice
I'll be using this a lot, those spammers are real annoying, just got out of a match where my teammate cheats and we left it.
Message 16 of 26 (312 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Maybe including an IN-Game Report system will help in this matter. I dont know why people have to go through so much hassel to report a cheater and not been able to do that in game.

Message 17 of 26 (308 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ive been playing spectator today, if my team gets killed, i just finish the game in spectator mode and I recommend people todo that a bit, get a bag of chips some coke and watch some gods roll around.

Enemy team engaged

You barely have time to count down from 3..2..

Enemy team down

Enemy Team Enga....Enemy team down...

Message 18 of 26 (299 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Cheating is a problem..

But i don't think its as big as a problem as people think it is.

When i look at streamers they see maybe 4 cheaters in a full 8 hour stream?

they win like 90% of the matches at least?

9% of the matches lost duo to unlucky or just outplayed.

Maaaybe 1% lost to cheating?

If in every match of even every other match there would be a cheater as everybody claims.

even the top streamers would have issues fighting them every other match?

They don't just casualy kill the cheater without noticing...

cmon hes a cheater he would lazer them from the other side of the map.

I truly believe the lack of a killcam and mmr makes bad players think and compain a lot about cheaters as well becouse they refuse to believe that there are players a lot more skilled then they are out there.

Message 19 of 26 (257 Views)

★ Apprentice

Respawn you have to do something fast!! cheating is getting out of hand. I've been playing since day one and it is now becoming a joke.   I would also like to play a bit of Titanfall2 death match etc but I don't bother due to the aimbots in that game.  

Respawn you made a great game and you could make alot of money however if you let the cheating continue, then, well you have a dead game and make a little money.   Time to invest in some good anti cheat, IP and hardware bans.  Hey if you need to give EPIC a call they got most of the wall hackers and aim bots out of Fortnite.  

Message 20 of 26 (245 Views)