Re: Remove c4 on drones pls !

by Stew360

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@CantGetRight wrote:

I highly doubt they will remove it b/c c4 on vehicles goes back to BF days.  People were outraged about it then too but they never removed it.

But the drone isn't a vehicle, it's a flying drone that teleports all over the place.

C4 stuck on jeeps is one thing but the drone is virtually impossible to hit from a tank when it's moving.

Was there other flying objects that allowed C4 to be stuck to them in previous games that weren't removed?

Message 100 of 155 (484 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Psubond wrote:
@SilverJackal96i'm only going to do it to people/vehicles who camp in the same spot for a long time. i only cheese them if they cheese me.

The only vehicles I see camping for a long time are Wildcats which is kinda what they are designed to do to keep the skies clear of enemy aircraft.

Most tanks are on the move in games I play because they know it's only a matter of time before a flying squirrel or a parachuter will be coming to deliver some C5.

Message 101 of 155 (480 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Psubond wrote:
@ElliotLHnah, i got other ways with dealing with helos (*hint* i'm around mastery 100 with stingers and soflam). c4 drone is just for trolling campers for me

Never thought of that. Thanks for the tip!

Message 102 of 155 (478 Views)

★★ Expert
@Makaveliz0r Just disallowing C5 on the recon drone is not the right way, in my opinion. Why not reduced mobility and speed of the drone, when weight (C5) is added to it. More C5 will reduce the speed and mobility more.
Message 103 of 155 (464 Views)

★★ Guide

Who uses it on tanks? Tanks get taken out by SOFLAM's / choppers / infantry fast enough anyways. I use it for zapping snipers belly camping on roofs / shipping containers / ledges, etc.

Message 104 of 155 (452 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ElliotLH Tier 1 with the Wildcat, and Tier 2 with both tanks.. so yeah.. I get hit with it all the time

Even last night, came up against a player who I run into frequently, and I've never had this guy c5 drone me, never even seen him using Casper. The man's a Angel/Mackay main.. but after actually being a super mobile tank for the first sector of Breakthrough 64 on Hourglass..

I stopped in the second sector to take a crack at a tank that was peeking from behind a container..
Boom. C5 drone.

Clearly I had annoyed someone enough with my tank that the best way they could deal with me is a c5 drone.
Message 105 of 155 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Makaveliz0rdrone is the only garget that are effective against all vehicle, but u can shot it down easily. it should not be removed, never think about it or the game will die . it have already ruined by powerful vehicle, ppl like to play gunfare , it is traditional of BF, of course, BF2042 isn't this case if they didn't make any adjustment on vehicle. 

my suggestion is never stay in one point, keep the vehicle moving, whereever u are. that is the way ppl are driveing in the game . however if u didn't like(keep moving) , i welcome and mind my drone too

Message 106 of 155 (527 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Psubond Problem with that is another player or two will just throw their c4 on there with the original person controlling it and just do the exact same thing as before.

I think it should be removed, or let the drone ram people like the MAV could, the drone can't hold a candle to how great the MAV was.
Message 107 of 155 (520 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ElliotLH It should lose the ability completely.

Gaining mastery with vehicles is a pain in the * becouse there are always 2-3 C5 kids on each side and oneshots vehicles.

Ever tried to gain mastery with the MAV ? That thing is usually the very first target becouse of the sweet multikill and you HAVE to camp with it occasionally to act as spawnpoint or to defend the perimeter.

C5 droning completely ruins the vehicle balance as someone mentioned it before, if 1 minute after spawn your wildcat get destroyed by C5 drones, Air will go nuts on your Team thatbis completely defenseless against pilots who have the basic understanding of how to use the vehicle proberly.

Furthermore Tanks can’t shoot rampaging boltes so your infantry will sooner or later be wiped out becouse there are 3-4 boltes all over the place.

C5 droning is a joke and should have never been implemented in the first place.

I was doing it myself one round on kaleidoscope on defender side and they simply couldnt push A1 becouse our boltes and scout Helis wiped everytime theyr frontline.

22 vehicle kills as Casper by doing nothing except camping next to an angel / ammocrate and doing this stupid stuff.

The sooner it get fixed the better the vehicle balance will be.
It is allready enough that potentially 64 enemys can wear the M5 Recoiless so you have to develop an insane amount of situational awareness to be succesfull in a tank.

But then dealing with tiny C5 drones who teleports all over the place with theyr absolute sluggish movement is a complete pain in the *.

As infantry when I see C5 drones in the air I simply can not shot them except I spray them with lmgs and even then i must be lucky that my shots register.

C5 drones have absolutely no place in this game, is completely destroys vehicle balance, it caters to an absolutely Aids gamestyle and only creates frustrations.

The sooner this fix is coming, the better.
Message 108 of 155 (512 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Makaveliz0r 100% Agree
Message 109 of 155 (511 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help