C&C games not launching

by Sovereign576

Original Post

C&C games not launching

★ Novice

Okay, I was very patient with this issue but this is getting unacceptable. I cant play any C&C games for MONTHS now. I start the games, vloud sync pops up, Origin goes to tray then Origin window opens again. No errors or crashes. I tried reinstalling, updating, repairing everything, including Windows, Origin, games, drivers, run as administrator and different settings, contacted support and sent bug issue reports. Nothing worked. I even tried on other computer with different specs.

I am really, really tired of this nonsense! I cant believe youre unable to solve this problem. What the hell takes so long to figure it out?

Message 1 of 6 (468 Views)

Re: C&C games not launching

Community Manager

Hey @Sovereign576 are you running any of the mods created by the community to improve how the game performs on modern machines?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (427 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Sovereign576 were you able to fix your issue or are you still seeing it?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 6 (374 Views)

★ Novice

Well.. After discussing it with friends and searching in other forums we found out possible solutions. Im not sure which one is correct but the Tiberium Wars is now working.

So what i did: install the game in different directory other than the default program files.., disabled Origin ingame, disabled the cloud sync (tried this last one before, didnt worked back then).

Message 4 of 6 (360 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello i got similar problem with Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection games they start launching then after a few seconds they stop and with no error message. In my case help roll back current Origin version to Origin version 10-5-57 and launch Origin in offline mode. Games work just fine with or without mods in offline Origin version 10-5-57. Its just big nuisance to update Origin to current version to download game and then back to version 10-5-57 for to play the game.

Message 5 of 6 (326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Wargesh 

Go to Control Panel and choose Clock and Region. Then choose Region and click on the Administrative tab on the top. Under Language for non-Unicode programs, select the button Change system locale, then select English (United States) or tick Beta: use unicode utf-8 for worldwide language support.

Reboot your computer and reinstall Origin. After that C&C should work.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Message 6 of 6 (313 Views)