Re: Buying codes for users in other regions

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buying codes for users in other regions

★★★ Newbie

Hello Answers HQ! I have been trying to find an answer to this for a while now with no real conclusion, so here I am. 

Basically, I'm trying to buy a Sims 4 Game Pack as a gift, for a friend in an entirely different country and region to me. I know Origin Codes aren't region locked, but would the app have any issue recognizing a UK Code for a Game Pack, for her US version of the game?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Rebecca_Raindrop 

That's great that you would like to send a gift to your friend from US!

Unfortunately, if you plan to use the gift option on Origin, this operation might not be possible since you must be in the same region in order to be eligible to send and/or receive a gift Embarrassed

If you plan to buy a physical copy of the game (make sure you're buying it from a trusted retailer) and send them the code, the DLC will work on their account, despite the fact that the code might have been purchased in UK.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hey @Rebecca_Raindrop 

That's great that you would like to send a gift to your friend from US!

Unfortunately, if you plan to use the gift option on Origin, this operation might not be possible since you must be in the same region in order to be eligible to send and/or receive a gift Embarrassed

If you plan to buy a physical copy of the game (make sure you're buying it from a trusted retailer) and send them the code, the DLC will work on their account, despite the fact that the code might have been purchased in UK.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for the response! Looks like my friend will be making some eternal undead sims soon! 

Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Rebecca_Raindrop 

Hope they'll enjoy a bit of supernatural stuff Wink

Adventure Time Vampire GIF

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (316 Views)