Buy on Origin or Steam

by marlindog

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buy on Origin or Steam

★★★★ Novice

If i buy the game through Origin will  it be possible to play the game offline without the Origin launcher running ? and is there any advantage between buying the game on Origin or on Steam instead.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (4,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buy on Origin or Steam

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87thank you for the reply.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (3,929 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

You have to go online to register it then I am 99% sure it can be used in offline mod, but I think you still have to run origin.
Steam version won't have achievements, but have full controller support, I don't know how controller support works on Origin.

Message 2 of 7 (4,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply,  i am waiting for an official reply now as to whether or not if i buy on Origin the game will have controller support the same as it is advertised as having on Steam.

Message 3 of 7 (4,119 Views)

EA DICE Team

@marlindog  @budzai 

Hello there!

We are working closely with Valve on the technical integration for our products on the Steam platform. We are looking at solutions that will make the experience more frictionless for players - and one of them is to go native on Steam for some titles.

We will have more to report in the coming months. But for now, Origin is still required to run in the background on both platforms.

Message 4 of 7 (4,109 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you, if i buy the game through Origin rather than through Steam will the Xbox1 controller still be supported ?

Message 5 of 7 (4,040 Views)

EA DICE Team

@marlindog 

Hi!

Yes, it will be supported.

Message 6 of 7 (3,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87thank you for the reply.

Message 7 of 7 (3,930 Views)