Re: Buy 1 Event Skin or 3 Lootboxes?

by TheSpoonman5

Original Post

Buy 1 Event Skin or 3 Lootboxes?

★★★ Apprentice

As long as it's a weapon skin or legend skin I'm fine but I don't really want the charms.

Message 1 of 6 (488 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@NienOClock It depends on how lucky you feel. If one doesn't think things will go their way, buy the skins outright. This is what I chose during the Iron Crown event. Opened the two free ones and not a thing I liked. Didn't want to chance it on random openings and paid for three skins.

Message 2 of 6 (480 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ColdHours I got lucky and got the Lifeline skin from the only lootbox I bought.
Message 3 of 6 (476 Views)

Champion

1 event box gives you an event item plus two other items with a higher epic/legendary chance from the normal loot pool.

So yeah...your call really. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 6 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

If you badly want just 1 skin, then 3 loot boxes have very low chance to get that - you'll have to buy the skin directly (or you'll most likely end up buying 15 boxes and then will feel like you "have" to buy the rest to get the heirloom. And then you'll regret spending 150 eur XD). If you don't like most of the skins in the event, then lootboxes are also probably bad for you. If you like at least half of them, then loot boxes are fine, since the 20% normal legendary does add some extra "value" to them too (and also direct purchase price is much much higher).

Message 5 of 6 (410 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was considering this too, because I love Halloween, but I'm not a fan of the prices of the skins or the lootboxes. So I figured I'd wait to see if I feel like just buying the jack-o-lantern charm and settle on the challenge skins. Besides, that Battle Pass level 53 Lifeline skin looks way better than her Halloween skin.

Message 6 of 6 (384 Views)