But Why Is There Aim Assist for Melee?

by Popa2caps

Original Post

But Why Is There Aim Assist for Melee?

★★★★ Pro

Like honestly, doesn't that just seem odd?

Message 1 of 12 (445 Views)

Re: But Why Is There Aim Assist for Melee?

★★★★ Expert
@ILostT0Loba I can see Respawn freaking out now, as a member of RNG didn't like what is happening
so nerf is coming to melee for sure no worries, and in all honesty, it needed to be nerfed a long time ago but no one did even care but now we have streamers and pros complaining then sure Respawn is going to do something immediately
Message 3 of 12 (393 Views)

★★ Pro
@maximas1986 Well, I have never seen any clips like the ones I shared before. They only started to get traction in the past week, so it's a good thing enough people now know about it and that will hopefully result in some changes.
Message 4 of 12 (387 Views)

★★ Pro
@Popa2caps when i get to the near back or extreme side of an opponent they wind up and turn immediately and punch me.

and theres no evading the punch no matter what you do or how you move.

and they lunge from really far.

and they punch really fast.
Message 5 of 12 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@maximas1986 Was announced last week that they’d do something to melee. Haven’t said what...

So I and others bring forth the problem (extreme lunge... not gym style but CoD: MW2 commando pro style) and possible fixes for couple months... nothing...

a pro says something and they’re on the ground... ;( man I wish I was an elite! I’d let the pros do my bidding!
Message 6 of 12 (365 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q I think the biggest issues are the lunging and the stun tbh.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 12 (342 Views)

Champion

I think the introduction of valk has really highlighted how broken the lunge is for sure.

I didn't check the links above but there was one floating around a while back with a gibby lunging literally about 15m into the air to punch a flying valk.

Amusing to watch as it was just in firing range, but if you're experiencing that in game it's a different story.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 12 (337 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I was watching a YT video on this the other day. I think it "Apex Fans OUTRAGED at Pros for doing this..." by JMeyels and he was showing a punchout happen at the waterfall on Olympus. I think if I remember correctly it was a Wraith homing punching a Valk that was escaping.

I wonder if it is just an issue with Valks? Like would it still be the case with an Octane hitting a jump pad?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 12 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@GH0STEDbyME  I'm not sure to be honest, I think jump pad velocity is too high for lunge lock on to impact that.

It may work on a player using horizons tactical?

The recurring theme does seem to be valks getting whomped mid air though lol.

All I know is if I wanted to be getting hit by shoryukens I'd be playing street fighter lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 12 (320 Views)