Re: Bulwark/Concussive/Siphon Rank Comparisons

by Skauron

Original Post

Bulwark/Concussive/Siphon Rank Comparisons (MP)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The Multiplayer Weapon variant stats from weapons introduced in patch 1.09 are as follows:

Concussive:
Any kill resulting from a hit from your weapon on an enemies Weak-point will result in a Biotic Explosion causing Area damage as per the table shown below.

ConcussiveArea
Damage
Radius (m)
I8007.5
II8777.5
III9557.5
IV10337.5
V11117.5
VI11887.5
VII12667.5
VIII13447.5
IX14227.5
X15007.5

Bulwark:
Increases your damage resistance depending on whether you are near 1, 2 or 3 other team mates as per the table below.   This 'should' stack with any damage resistance you already have, but this claim needs to be tested really.

BulwarkNear 1Near 2Near 3
I152230
II162432
III172534
IV182736
V192938
VI203040
VII213243
VIII223345
IX233547
X253750

Siphon:
Returns health based on the damage you do with the weapon as per the table shown below.   Damaging an enemy Weak-Point as well as using weapon damage based boosters should increase the amount of health returned as a result.  

SiphonDmg Returned
as health %
Heal Bonus
Per kill %
Kill Streak
duration (Secs)
Maximum
Kill Bonuses
I3%4.50%7 secs3
II3.08%4.50%7 secs3
III3.17%4.50%7 secs3
IV3.25%4.50%7 secs3
V3.33%4.50%7 secs3
VI3.42%4.50%7 secs3
VII3.50%4.50%7 secs3
VIII3.58%4.50%7 secs3
IX3.67%4.50%7 secs3
X3.75%4.50%7 secs3

** siphon table now updated as the tool tip now actually shows the slight increase in health return from damage

Message 1 of 13 (7,299 Views)

★★★ Pro

Edited with actuals now that i have rank X for each variant.

Message 2 of 13 (7,244 Views)

★★★ Pro

Ok no one needed the info ok

Message 3 of 13 (7,236 Views)

@Skauron  How are the damages related between a standard weapon and a Bulwark/concussive/Siphon weapon??

I only have 2 different ones, one Bulwark and one Concussive, both sniper rifles, and what I have seen, the rank one concussive/Bulwark weapon has the same damage as the Rank 10 basic weapon...so my question is do the upgraded ones take their damage from the basic ones, is my numbers a glitch, or do they start out stronger than standard ones??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 13 (7,223 Views)

★★★ Pro

you are correct in that the damage that you saw increasing from rank I to X stays at the X level in rank XI where you now get the new weapon variant modifier stat kicking in..

So your base damage as such will not increase in the usual sense that you see it in the main stats. So your base damage for the weapon will NOT increase as far as i can make out from I to X of the variant weapon.. what does change is the variants effect modifier (although i am not seeing any incremental change in siphon weapon at the moment from the UI.. so am not sure if this scales or not yet)

Bulwark:

The only thing you are getting from Bulwark weapons is increased damage resistance when you are near other team-mates.  (this naturally increases depending on how many other team mates are close-by)   This will be most useful if you are doing the upload and you are not capping it with a stealther.. so if for example 2 or more people are with you in the upload circle then bulwark will give you increased damage resistance meaning incoming fire will damage less in proportion to the number of people near you.  I believe his 'should' stack with any existing resistance value you have using skills so should make survivability in those sticky upload waves even greater.

Concussive:

The damage you do with the weapon will be the same as your rank X weapon, but killing that enemy via its Weak-point(s) will yield a biotic explosion that will then explode for the amount of damage  shown per level for the concussive weapon.  If you kill an enemy via anything other than its weakpoint for the 'finishing shot' it will die normally and no biotic explosion will be seen.

Siphon:

This is exactly as it sounds.. it leeches health from the enemy and gives it to you (how much will depend on how much damage you do to the enemy, so hitting weak-points is recommended for maximum benefit).  

Hope this helps, this is based on what i've been finding so far and am happy if anyone wants to chime in and add or amend details.

Message 5 of 13 (7,214 Views)

★ Guide

Basically it is a very comprehensive thread about the new weapon (types).

But the Syphon table is incorrect since it doesn't display the increase of life leeched/syphoned per weapon level.

A level X Syphon weapon has 3.75% damage returned as health.

(and the level in-between % accordingly)

All the other Syphon features seem unchanged.

Message 6 of 13 (7,207 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'd noticed the stats hadn't increased,for the first 5 levels of siphon when i first did the stat sheet, so figured it was a UI issue, i've noticed just now though that they now DO display differences for dmg returned as health.  will update my siphon chart shortly.

Message 7 of 13 (7,202 Views)

★★★ Pro

*edits to siphon chart done*

Message 8 of 13 (7,200 Views)

Re: Bulwark/Concussive/Siphon Rank Comparisons (MP)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for this! It is so hard to find mechanical information on this game.

Message 9 of 13 (7,165 Views)

Re: Bulwark/Concussive/Siphon Rank Comparisons (MP)

★★★ Pro

Glad you appreciate the effort i took to summarise it.. i did an estimate of these at first, but then filled them in with actual data once i levelled up my weapon pool in uncommon.

Message 10 of 13 (7,161 Views)