Bullet sponges

by Exodus-0019

Original Post

Bullet sponges

★★★★★ Novice

People have way to many hit points, I can literally empty an entire clip into someone and they don't go down. This is an issue...

Message 1 of 55 (1,923 Views)

Re: Bullet sponges

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

i agree but you will never get a casual to agree to this honestly. If it takes more than 3/4 of a clip in a game to kill its too much. If you ask the average person on here they will say we need more armor it should take 100 mags to kill someone. they are already complaining about how the peacekeeper does actual damage and you dont have to shoot them with 50 mags to down them. Casuals want bullet sponge thats all their is to it. They don't want a game that actually is about skill now it is who has the bigger mag is who is going to win period`

Message 2 of 55 (1,898 Views)

★★ Guide
Not dying in few bullets actually makes this game interesting, unlike pubg or fortnite where you can die from full hp instantly giving you no counterplay. Just keep playing apex it can be frustrating at start but once you get better you actually realize there are no bullet sponges and instead its nicely balanced. Some people say it takes away tactics and ability to 1v3, but thats not true it just takes away camping tactic and shooting enemies in back for some cheap kills. Its doable to do 1v3 and even win entire match alone without using WM or PK, i managed to do that few times so I'm not referring to pros like shroud, seagull and so on.
Message 3 of 55 (1,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I think its due to some kind of netcode issue... I have had moments where I have done well over 800 damage to someone and it end up not adding up correctly with floating numbers. Feels like some of our shots don't quite register. While some other times I can down someone with just few spams of my gun even though it still does take 3/4 of ammo. Honestly its fine this way.. but I think they need to fix the damn issue with shots not being accounted for . Its not me either because I have played other fps games without this issue even in battlefield games I don't even suffer from this issue. 

And its not due to my fps as this issue seems to come and go.. and I have a soild 100fps.

Message 4 of 55 (1,872 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have won plenty of times and got plenty of kills getting better isn't the problem its the problem of do you want a game of skill or a game of pointlessness either game be fun but one has no place in a BR that is inherently about skill

Message 5 of 55 (1,866 Views)

★★ Guide
It should favor shooter meaning that you are more likely to get killed behind cover because on enemy client you are not there yet, meaning that if you shoot enemy and some numbers are missing its because you focus on numbers and actually few shots missed meanwhile.
Message 6 of 55 (1,864 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

that is not what he is talking about my man. He is talking about the fact that you have to even if the numbers are right using a whole mag to kill someone...that is stupid period. If you want a game were you can shoot for ages without killing anyone then just make a game w here no one dies and the person who does the most damage or hits wins but keep that outta BR please for the love of god casuals don't destroy BR as well if you want a casual game don't come to a hardcore genre..... go to other games t hat are meant to be casual

Message 7 of 55 (1,859 Views)

★★ Guide
One mag isn't much and if you aim for head its even quicker, stop making it like it takes forever because it doesn't given high fire rates. As i said before it makes fights more enjoyable with who has better aim and cover management rather than quick 1-2 flicks and you are dead. If this would be tdm on smaller map i would agree that ttk would need decrease but its not.
Message 8 of 55 (1,852 Views)

[ Edited ]

Less hp = less skill to kill.

It just means more people getting kills by shooting people in the back.. Means more people will be camping in corners since they dont want to be instantly killed.

Sound fun? Yeah no it doesnt.

Anyway you can get 1 shot killed in the best armor in the game. And i can kill people in purple armor in around 1 second.

The time to kill is super fast really.. It should be turned down imo.

Message 9 of 55 (1,851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

that is not true it means you have to hit your mark first it means you have to be quicker have more tactics have more gaming sense when you can shoot for ages and no one dies it becomes spray and pray. Lets look at the top twitch players who are great at all shooters you know what they say about games that are bullet sponges? They hate them most of them HATE fortnite for that reason. Most games that are BR take skill if you look at the top esports (skill based) shooters they are NOT bullet  sponges there is a reason for that

Message 10 of 55 (1,845 Views)