Bullet damage makes no sense

by r43er45tr

Original Post

Re: Bullet damage makes no sense

★★★★ Novice
@r43er45tr Is ea or battlefield design team need help with balancing guns, I am willing to work, I'm tired of children being exposed to falsely depicted actions in video games. Ie. Explosions and gunshots, as well as drugs
Message 11 of 23 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think it's more important to tell a story and show the horrors of war (through story missions) while still upholding the entertainment aspect of a product (ie online multiplayer with rendizooks and flying tanks and shooting pew pew POW bullets out of your fingers). Remember, this game is rated M so children shouldn't play it regardless.

The adrenaline used in the syringes and syrettes holds true to the time period - It may not function exactly like that in real life, but we can respawn and heal tank shells to the face so you just gotta shrug that off and get back to dat PTFO baby

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 12 of 23 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TTZ_Dipsy The only reason the game performs like this is because they know that children play it and they try to make things fair, I'm sorry but I could careless about being able to be revived or reviving it makes no sense. You get hit with explosions it Should act like an explosive if you get shot it should act like you actually got shot not just some half * points system based on uneducated game designers, GameStop openly sells these games to people knowing who really plays the game so where does the blame start to get taken into account, and people held responsible, can't buy beer for a kid even if you say it's okay so WTF
Message 13 of 23 (1,375 Views)

★★ Pro
@r43er45tr As @TTZ_Dipsy said, the game is m rated and should not be played by children. If this game still ends up in children hands, it's the job of the parents to decide if that is a good idea and if the child is in a state of mind, where it can differentiate the horror of war and this being a game. That is not the responsibility of the game developer.
Message 14 of 23 (1,363 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@N4v1s Right, so just cause the parents say it's okay for there children to be exposed to falsely depicted violence it makes it okay, no sorry, falsely showing what war and death are is the exact problem, I see kids daily pretending to shoot people in grocery stores because they think it's a game they are completely mislead by both parents and developers, ignorance breeds ignorance, what Happened to call of duty world at war, oh that's right it was deemed to graphic by a mom who had previously bought it without giving two *, game was rated m still didn't matter so where does line get drawn between the realistic graphics gameplay and real world application? Again the m17+ rating doesn't mean * anymore games like this need to be A21+
Message 15 of 23 (1,358 Views)

★★ Pro
@r43er45tr I do respect your point of view, but I do disagree with you. I'm not going to keep this discussion going because it is not going to lead anywhere. Standard smile
I do see a problem with parents just buying games for their children without caring about the age restriction, but that is no topic for this forum and I don't think that you will find much acceptance for your opinion in here. Standard smile
I'm not the person to decide this, but I think this thread can be closed at this point.
Message 16 of 23 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hey everyone, 

Let's keep it to the conversation of the topic at hand - this is not the place to talk about if minors playing mature games or how the game is portrayed to parents and children. While this is an important topic, but our forums are not for that. 

if you have feedback about how guns Handel in Battlefield V, TTK, how the guns are portrayed in the game, you are more then welcome to do that.

/Atic 
Message 17 of 23 (3,671 Views)

Community Manager

@r43er45tr 

I understand where you're coming from as someone who grew up playing Rainbow 6 when it was originally released, Arma, and plethora of other first person shooter titles. Each game has their own balance and design, but it doesn't mean every FPS game needs to be a real life military simulator in order to have fun. I love Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 too, it's a shooter game, but I don't go to that game seeking realism. A lot of my FPS friends do not enjoy the other FPS titles where you have to stress out a little more about not making one wrong move or you instantly die. It's also a much higher learning curve.

I was loving the AT Boys rifle when it was originally released because it was basically 1 shot kill. I was going on some sweeeeet runs with it. I suppose you could say that was as real as it gets, but what happened is that all snipers (or the majority of players on a server) started to use it and that posed some challenges like being able to advance to certain positions and the overall experience of a match.

Our past Battlefield titles had Hardcore mode where bullet damage is greater, I'm assuming you gravitated towards that. At the end of the day it is a game for entertainment and the Battlefield team strives for a good combination of fun while depicting the World War II era. We appreciate the feedback, but as @EA_Atic said we would like to have it stay on-topic with the game itself.

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 23 (1,316 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry You literally named two games on different consoles, and the at rifle has explosive rounds did you nerf it like every other explosive gun or grenade nope still one shot kill again each answer you've put just shows the lack of acknowledgement, lmgs are the same as a sniper rifle it fires the same ammunition just faster, I'm going to assume no one who has worked on battlefield has had basic military training or a hunters safety course, and no hardcore modes dumb as * oh I shot you in the toe with a pistol so you die, how about you just accurately depict what the guns would do vs the gear everyone's wearing which in ww2 was some pants a t-shirt and an overcoat with a harness not the best when getting shot by guns probably the reason so many young men died cause they got shot and there limbs and bones and muscles were torn and blown apart and they bled out they didn't get an adrenaline syringe it's called morphine cause our dieing
Message 19 of 23 (1,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@r43er45tr Also if its not a military simulator than what it it, cause simulator to me is simulating a battlefield experience, isn't that what battlefield started as? So is it not a simulator is it real is it not fake on a TV or are they real or are we playing as simulated characters which makes every game a form of simulation or simulator simulating a certain situation with action and consequences? I'm going with a simulation that you inaccurately depicted to dull the brains of children with death that's why kids dance after killing people now in games it's fun to kill.
Message 20 of 23 (1,302 Views)