Buisness Suggestion (Titanfall 3)

by HowlerComics

Original Post

Buisness Suggestion (Titanfall 3)

★★ Newbie

I am so hyped for Titanfall 3. However I do not enjoy the amount of microtransactions and loot boxes in the gaming industry these days.

So, as a business major, allow me to make an alternate suggestion.

Make skins and other features unlockable by CHALLENGES not loot boxes, even cosmetics shouldn't be unlockable through loot boxes.

Players would not only play the game more in order to grind for the unlockable they want, but more people will want to play the game because it looks revolutionary for going against the loot box and microtransaction trend.

I think that this decision would greatly benefit EA by appealing to the demographic and customers that are becoming tired of microtransactions and loot boxes. A number that is only growing.

A fan, and a proud gamer,

HowlerComics

Message 1 of 4 (447 Views)

Re: Buisness Suggestion (Titanfall 3)

Devil's Advocate here....

Ok, then how would EA make more money off the game over a longer term??  Would there really be enough more sales to make up for not having micro transactions for cosmetic items??  I personally don't mind cosmetic micro transactions as long as the base game already has decent amounts of items or is like ForteNight in that it is free to play and uses those items as an optional money source.  So how would EA make their money??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (435 Views)

Community Manager

@HowlerComics@mcsupersport

Good point and counterpoint here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (424 Views)

I don't see why the both proposals wouldn't coexist. Seen a few games using the model. Challenges for people that do not want to pay (usually quite hard, but doable by both skilled and the more casual gamers, time for acomplishing the challenge varying fopr each category) and microtransactions for the people that do not want to work hard for a cosmetic item, but want to have it. 

It wouldn't be an actual lootbox, but buying a specific cosmetic item. It would be available through gameplay and through store. Of course, it would be harder to obtain through gameplay, but you would still get it with some work. This should please both sides, me thinks...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 4 (418 Views)