Re: Bug or Feature? Either Way, Broken!

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Bug or Feature? Either Way, Broken!

Champion

While I was playing as a medic, I was killed and a teammate of mine picked up my kit. When I was revived, I ended up with an MG-34, while having the rest of the medic kit. From a realism standpoint, it makes sense. But from a balance standpoint, it's broken as it nullifies the attrition system. For instance, if I were a support player and I pick up a sniper rifle, then I'll have unlimited ammo and camp all day. Another instance - if I were a medic and I pick up an assault weapon, I can attack all day and not worry about dying as often. Whether it's a bug or not, it's not balanced!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

Re: Bug or Feature? Either Way, Broken!

Medic and Support already break attrition balance in a sense since my Sanitater bro can always heal, while the Support never runs out of ammo and has a giant mag/drum (and usually camps anyway).

In your case with the medic (which I actually agree is OP, just playing Devil's Avocate here), he gets his needed range and damage buff but still doesn't have the hardware to take a tank head on which is fair.

Your Support with a Scout's rifle is actually a very odd situation when you think about it. He is giving up a little power for extended range but both classes can be designated as long range campers anyway -- Dropping an ammo crate for real/designated scouts would basically create the same scenario, yet the Support can now push up and use his extra accuracy and damage to push up which would be even more OP in the long run.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 2 (129 Views)