[Finally Fixed!!!!] The masterkey does less damage with the SWS-10 rifle

by UP_Hawxxeye

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Finally Fixed!!!!] The masterkey does less damage with the SWS-10 rifle

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Some might recall this other topic I made about how weak I found the masterkey after 4.0

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-Masterkey-was-stealth-nerfed-to-the-ground/m-p/1144...

It turns out I was using the SWS-10 rifle at the time as a gun with the masterkey as underbarrel.

A few days ago I was made aware of a custom experience where one can test weapons in a controlled environment (immobile bots that do not shoot) and also be told how much damage the hit did. (experience code  AAQ25J)

It turns out that when the masterkey shotgun is used as the attachment of the SWS-10, it does a max of 60 damage even at melee range, making it a horrible choice.

Meanwhile as an attachment of the LCMG, the masterkey does  a normal 100 damage at close range like it should.

I wonder if this has flown under the radar.

Message 1 of 12 (774 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: So the patchnotes mention a SWS-10 chest damage & hipfire nerf...

★★★★★ Expert

As of right now, the SWS-10 masterkey damage was finally FIXED and it does 100 damage up to like 15 meters !

Thanks for the fix

Now I will have to make a new bug report for the fact that on the same gun the underbarrel HE grenade launcher has slower velocity if you put a suppressor on the gun (which makes no sense because the grenade does not come out of the gun muzzle)

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (755 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Bug?] The masterkey does less damage with the SWS-10 rifle

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@UP_HawxxeyeThat what I have been telling you guys! Battlefield 2042 is broken-on-core-levels.

In that regards, the AK with masterkey shotgun does 100dmg aswell I guess, because it feels super nice.

Message 2 of 12 (748 Views)

SWS-10 Masterkey damage too low

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Straatford87
The masterkey shotgun under barrel for the SWS-10 sniper rifle is still not doing enough damage to kill with 1 shot up close (while on other guns it can ohk).

Is that normal?

[CM - updating thread title for clarity and visibility]

Message 3 of 12 (921 Views)

Re: SWS-10 Masterkey damage too low

Community Manager

Hey @UP_Hawxxeye

I split your post off to a new thread since the original was about a different topic. 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 12 (744 Views)

★★★ Guide

@UP_Hawxxeye wrote:

@Straatford87
The masterkey shotgun under barrel for the SWS-10 sniper rifle is still not doing enough damage to kill with 1 shot up close (while on other guns it can ohk).

Is that normal?

[CM - updating thread title for clarity and visibility]

Use the CQC ammo on the SWS

It's literally a shotgun

Message 5 of 12 (738 Views)

@UP_Hawxxeye I play on PS4 so it has never 1 shorted even at point blank range. The MCS-880 still doesn't either it's 2 shot minimum. Xbox one players 1 shot me with pump action and master key all the time though
Message 6 of 12 (719 Views)

The Masterkey shotgun STILL does only 60 max damage when on the SWS-10 sniper

★★★★★ Expert

Product: Battlefield 2042
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 3060 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Discord
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? All of them
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Always
Summarize your bug The Masterkey shotgun does only 60 max damage when on the SWS-10 sniper rifle
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Equip the SWS-10 rifle 2) Select the Masterkey shotgun underbarrel 3) Shoot at an enemy
What happens when the bug occurs? The masterkey shotgun does only 60 damage instead of enough to kill
What should be happening instead? It should be doing 100 damage like when it is on other guns

https://youtu.be/aGzwwZBA_sE

Please can this issue be finally acknowledged?

I think I have mentioned it quite  a few times and I never got any reply for that.

This has been happening since the launch of the game a year ago.

There is no reason this attachment should be weaker on this gun over the others

Message 7 of 12 (851 Views)

Re: The Masterkey shotgun STILL does only 60 max damage when on the SWS-10 snipe

★★★★★ Expert
@UP_Hawxxeye Additionally, the velocity of the 40mm HE attachment seems to be negatively affected by if the SWS-10 has a suppressor on.
Message 8 of 12 (819 Views)

Fellow players could you please check your Masterkey damage when on SWS-10?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hello  everyone

I would like to ask a small favor from anyone who is in the mood of testing something inside the game.

Requirements: having the Masterkey shotgun attachment unlocked for the SWS-10 sniper riffle.

Try either hosting an aim training server like AANJ7Z (which also reports the damage you do to the targets) or going into Solo/Multiplayer and try using the Masterkey shotgun underbarrel attachment while it is attached to your SWS-10 sniper rifle.

According to my experience, the Masterkey shotgun + SWS-10 combo results in much lower max damage of 60 even when in direct contact with the enemy compared to when it is attached to other weapons like the M5A3 and the LCMG (which is OHK at that range).

If you happen to find you also do 60 max damage, it would be really great if you could contribute to this bug report I have made https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Masterkey-shotgun-STILL-does-only-60-max-damage-when-on-th...

This is not a popular gun+attachment combination so it seems most people do not know about it.

Thanks in advance for your time reading this post and an extra thanks for those who might test that attachment/gun combo in game

Message 9 of 12 (746 Views)

Re: Fellow players could you please check your Masterkey damage when on SWS-10?

★★★★★ Expert

I would like to add that the underbarrel grenades of the SWS-10 are also behaving differently.

When I was having a heavy suppressor on the SWS-10, the 40mm HE grenade on the underbarrel was having a different flying arc and less velocity.

I think I am on to something with the SWS-10 and underbarrel bugs.

Would someone please give me some input on their own experience/opinions on the subject?

Message 10 of 12 (685 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help