Re: Buffs Before Nerfs

by xMuninnx

Original Post

Buffs Before Nerfs

Champion (Retired)

I think almost all nerfs should be considered after the first round of buffs are applied.

Many characters TTK (Time To Kill) should be decreased and/or their rate of fire or damage per shot increased.

The healing duration of Sunflower and Scientist should be reduced.

If these very basic changes were implemented and tested for a few days, we'd have an idea of where to start nerfing characters...  (what happens when we nerf a character before buffs and then the buffs make it unplayable/under-powered?).

Just my 2¢.

=]

Message 1 of 24 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's critical to be careful with buffs/nerfs. Balance needs to be fixed but if they change everything at once it'll be a big mess. They also can't only listen to those that are the loudest on things which is why I always try to be as balanced in my own comments as possible, I also don't have a 'main' so have no vested interest in anything beyond a fun and balanced experience. Player experience matters but so too does actual numerical data. 

When making such changes its best to only alter a small number of things so they can watch how fewer variables affect things and then go from there. For example if they nerfed every aspect of Night Cap at once, she'd be useless.

Another factor is, what do the developers want each class to do? Do they want support characters to be more support oriented than we're used from GW1 and 2? Without them replying to our feedback with their design goals for each character individually and the categories more broadly, we can only go by what we know.  

Message 2 of 24 (926 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.

Buffs are always better than nerfs at the start of a games life.

Message 3 of 24 (916 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@clumsybobble So let's Buff the nightcap a little more and we'll have a Juggernaut mode lol 😋. Honestly though, increases to the base damage of a few characters would go a long way in countering the OP characters.
Message 4 of 24 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@xMuninnx Lmao obviously not for Night Cap. But I'd rather see, as you said, buffs to the base damage of characters instead of nerfs to Night Cap.
Message 5 of 24 (876 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Agreed.

I don't think there should be any nerfs in the game as of now. A  focus more on buffs and balances would level it out.

Message 6 of 24 (875 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xMuninnx wrote:
@clumsybobbleSo let's Buff the nightcap a little more and we'll have a Juggernaut mode lol 😋. Honestly though, increases to the base damage of a few characters would go a long way in countering the OP characters.

Yes!  Finally someone who gets me.  Bump that primary up to 20 from 11 and we’re set for a good time!

LoL...! 

I amost choked on coffee when I read your reply.

I think many of the rapid fire characters need damage upgrades, rate of fire increase, recoil tuning, etc...  Nightcap will likely be less of an issue or more of a suicide character (like previous Chomper) when buffs roll out.

I’m one of the few who believes she (NC) needs very little change... and I don’t main her or even play with her.

Message 7 of 24 (863 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

"I think many of the rapid fire characters need damage upgrades"

When I was playing some Corn, getting his Vanquish Achievement/Rank him up this is all I kept thinking. His damage output feels bad in most situations, especially at range, and where he does do "decent" damage he just dies since he isn't tanky at all.

Message 8 of 24 (855 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Clumsybobble wrote:

"I think many of the rapid fire characters need damage upgrades"

When I was playing some Corn, getting his Vanquish Achievement/Rank him up this is all I kept thinking. His damage output feels bad in most situations, especially at range, and where he does do "decent" damage he just dies since he isn't tanky at all.

Super in agreement with this sentiment (x many characters).

Ability spam is something we need to DIScourage, not ENcourage.  ...and how can you get many frags when your damage per shot is 3-5!?

Message 9 of 24 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I agree that almost every character... at least on zombie side needs a buff cause they’re weaker then my left small toe XD. Hitting so low with footsoldier paired with the inaccuracy of the reticle is a joke
Message 10 of 24 (789 Views)