Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

★★ Expert
@DK9027 There is a possibility that something goes wrong for some reason because of some quality of the other dimension, but it seems unlikely that something as drastic as the physics being different would result in a King's Canyon that is that similar to ours. Even if the physics are different and the Revenant body is trapped in the other dimension, it still doesn't prevent a new Revenant from rising again.
The IMC could maybe restart the project, but I doubt they could do it, since the Revenant facilities are heavily guarded, and they've been stopped before by these same guards.

Wraith is the only character capable of traveling between dimensions, but keep in mind that Revenant does have experimental technology, plus there could be a Wraith in the other dimension that is under their control. (He probably hasn't invaded other dimensions because it's too difficult.)

Who knows about the artifact? It probably has something to do with Revenant, due to the color scheme, the nature of how experimental it is, and because it is in the other dimension controlled by Revenant.

The Syndicate would definitely keep tabs on the legends, but it'd be foolish to keep them under 24/7 surveillance. Especially with Crypto, the Syndicate doesn't know everything and it would be difficult for them to learn. They couldn't and probably don't keep every legend under 24/7 surveillance. (The legends are basically celebrities too, so that'd be a bad PR move.)

While it is true that most of the legends don't have a good enough motive to betray the group, it seems like something that will be elaborated upon in the future, plus we also have Bangalore, who really despises Loba. The time the letter was sent/delivered doesn't matter much if a legend did it, since most of them would probably remember.

But still, why would an outside group inform Revenant, the scary immortal homicidal robot, about the legends planning something in secret that could be a threat to him?
Also, even if Octane slips some information, he definitely wouldn't slip enough for Yoko or whoever she works for to send the letter to Revenant.
Message 71 of 286 (741 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Sir_Named Yes it's true we dont if revenant can upload himself or not as with time travel cross dimensional travel whether it's physical, cybernetic, or aetherial is probably very difficult as well as confusing. And with the multiverse theory the closer another universe is to ours there are slight differences such as the sky being blue, cats chase dogs, and plants tasting like cotton candy. The further a universe is the more radical things are such as there being shadows everywhere in a permanent state. When revenant gets a new body the in between state may give enough time for the IMC to move in, plus the head was transported to another location possible a safer place for them 5o work as opposed to the stalker guarded one on king's canyon.

Revenant has technically that's more associated with cheating death rather than dimensional travel. There may be a wraith in the other king's canyon but in the Halloween event it doesn't appear they can use their abilities.

Yes the syndicate wouldn't be watching 24/7 but with the entrance of loba and the discovery of the facility it prompts them to look into some things.

And ya only time will tell what the answers are but I think Bangalore would rather keep revenant out of the loop and deal with loba. Revenant would cause more problems if she told him.

I'm thinking the IMC wants the artifact for their own gain we know theyr willing to do some shady and controversial things to get what they want. Manipulating revenant could be a means to an end, or multiple ends.

Also I'm enjoying this conversation a lot it's making me think a lot of possibilities and feeding my imagination, which I've been craving for a while now.
Message 72 of 286 (730 Views)

★★ Expert
@DK9027 The in-between state is likely very fast, as it wouldn't take long to upload his consciousness into another state. Plus, if he enters a new dimension, it could possibly just immediately disconnect him from his body or something. No matter the facility, the Revenant factories will all likely be heavily guarded. It's possible that something like what you mentioned could happen, but it's a little too much of a stretch and also hard to really tie up.

It is (highly) unlikely Revenant could travel dimensions by himself, but you never know. But, the wraith in the Halloween event could use her abilities, given that the portal Pathfinder enters isn't our wraith's portal.

They could be looking into things, but again monitoring the legends 24/7 wouldn't really be great, given that it's kind of bad for PR, plus it's a big use of resources when they probably won't find anything. It's possible, I guess, but it is somewhat unlikely.

Who knows what Bangalore is willing to do? She seemed like she really hated Loba, and even Mirage noticed that.

The IMC could be trying to get the artifact, but I kind of doubt that since (a. The IMC/Syndicate has no way of getting to it and (b. They might not know about it.
Message 73 of 286 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SqualZell wrote:

i'm calling it now, This will be used to reveal the next Legend in season 6. 

This is it imo too. 

Bedtime storytime with OTC Large smile

The treasure core is half of the brain of the body of new incoming robot legend, manufactured by Hammond Robotics. (Notice the similarities to the patented shape of Pathfinders head.) The mental occupant of this robot body is Forge, which is partially why Bangalore is so upset, as she has still not gotten over him.

The twist is that Loba had stolen the OS software, the core directives if you will, and has had some of the code rewritten by Crypto. The new directive will now allow a Revenant creaming ult to be applied by Forge in the arena. The ult has been made by Wattson, revenge for her fathets death.

Forge is only too happy to help Loba in her revenge, to seek his revenge on Revenant, by freely allowing Loba to update his software.

Bangalore is further upset by Forge being close and in cahoots with Loba, a siren if ever there was one.

Loba was instrumental in nerfing Pathfinder, as Path was beginning to buddy up with Revenant (fellow metal man) and that would not do. Mirage was smitten by Loba and vice versa, thus the buff.

Octane is a flibbdygibbit due to his love of juice and will be used by all sides in this conflict.

The other legends are all clearly on the fence about what is happening, but time will tell.

One way or another, they are all dead and don't live happily ever after. 

Now go to sleep. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 74 of 286 (682 Views)

★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper I don't sleep.

It's very possible that they use this opportunity to introduce a new legend, and it (kind of unlikely) could be Forge.

It wouldn't really make sense that the artifact was built to be part of Forge, since the artifact is in another dimension, but it could be possible that they repurpose the artifact. I don't really see the similarities to pathfinder or any MRVN unit I've seen. Basically, the artifact, whatever it is, isn't intended to be part of Forge, but the legends could maybe, maybe, maybe, repurpose it to make it Forge.

The problem with Forge as a simulacrum is that he'd need to be mass-produced, and his real head stored safely. i just don't see a development like that happening, plus it'd probably be hard to duplicate the artifact

Who/where did Loba steal the software from? Plus, it's more implied that Wattson's father died a natural death, and Wattson herself doesn't act like she's out for revenge.

Bangalore seems like she really didn't care about Forge, so the only reason Bangalore would be upset is because Loba has another ally.

Message 75 of 286 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sir_Named the shape of the core is very similar to.the shape of paths head if u look closely. A core would indicate a brain of some sort. I think we are looking at a new sort of robot body with wetware, a soft innard to the core. The artifact indicates a one off of some description, a prototype from some time in the future, I would guess.  Forges head was salvaged on the night of his murder and is on ice  but I think its more of a mind transfer idea, than a mass copy.

Wattsons fathers death has not really been addressed.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 76 of 286 (668 Views)

★★ Guide

Okay guys I was just checking the loading screens of s5 with the lore in them. The first 3 tells the story from Bangalore perspective which happens directly after the end of the trailer. The 3rd one tells alot which is related to the recent chapter "cranky clown"

Bangalore only hate Loba because she became a legend so easily. Which as per Bangalore words"It took our blood, sweat and tears to get here." 

Yoko, the file girl as Bangalore calls her. Was present at that time and she was eyeing octane and Bangalore from the beginning. 

The second thing yoko pulls loba aside and tell her that her boss, the hammond robotic representative knows what loba really want.

So few things.

First thing, hammond robotics must have supplied loba with information about the artifacts, second dimension and the legends secret as hammond most likely wants revenant dead even if they are part of the syndicate. And now loba is working for hammond temporary.

That ask for a date was just a normal thing from a fan to octane because he mentioned he is thirsty earlier. Or she asked for the date to check on their progress as maybe they dont trust loba fully.

Message 77 of 286 (623 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Good catch @Zeues-1992 To save some time for those not at a PC or just who haven't unlocked the loadscreens yet, here they are with the attached text. 

1: Mean Girls

Spoiler
800px-Loadingscreen_Mean_Girls.png

Bangalore: You want my opinion of the FNG? I'm fresh out of those. Got some facts though. What... you think just ‘cause I've only known her a day, that I don't know this girl? Trust me. I have four brothers. I. KNOW. THIS. GIRL. Slinks in through a crack in the wall, talks their two-faced way in and out of anything. Half of her's always in shadow, no matter how well lit the room is. "Gee, was that light red, Officer? Gosh, the sun was in my eyes..." First she blows Revenant to kingdom come, then barks orders at us. I did what I had to do: I detained the target. Even with my Peacekeeper at her head, she says she can "explain everything". I'm sure she can. Then I got Mirage saying "go easy on her". Men. If they had half a brain, they'd be considered gifted. The dropships arrive. The Syndicate rep with a platoon of Spectres on one side. Hammond's head legal eagle with her entourage on the other. Bat those lashes at someone who actually cares. ‘Cause it ain't those men made of metal, it ain't the mercs whose island you just blew up, and it sure as shinola ain't me. You think I'm going to help you up? It'll be a cold day in Hell before I ever help a common criminal like you...

2: Qualified

Spoiler

800px-Loadingscreen_Qualified.png

Bangalore: I'd debrief the reps on what went down, but Syndicate Boy says it's not necessary, and... helps the perp up?! He calls her "Ms. Andrade", treats her like royalty, he even apologizes. HE APOLOGIZES TO THE LUNATIC WHO JUST BLEW UP HIS ISLAND. Corset's speaking a mix of a few languages, to confuse things. I ask Octane to translate what he could. He says she's a jewel thief. An underground celebrity. As she attempts to sweet-talk him, she smiles and purrs and touches his arm. The woman from Hammond says Corset's lying. Finally. Some much-needed estrogen. She asks her assistant for a file, and reads from it. Turns out Eye Shadow's family was murdered. She wants revenge. This part is true. You can tell from the fury in her eyes. Eyelashes slams the file shut, as Octane translates. She wants to know how Hammond knows this. They speak in whispers, while File Girl keeps looking at me and Octane. Hammond's doing their homework. Wonder why? Hammond addresses us Legends, announces Loba Andrade as the newest Apex Legend. THE HELL SHE IS! I realize I just said that out loud. All eyes are on me now. You only got time to chamber a single round, Anita. Get it right...

3: A Declaration of War

Spoiler

800px-Loadingscreen_A_Declaration_of_War.png

Bangalore: I respect authority, but I'll be damned if this laced-up pair of thigh-highs is rewarded for an act of terrorism. It took our blood, sweat and tears to get here. She commits crimes, bats her baby browns, and now she's in the Games?! I expected this from Syndicate Boy and both of his heads, but woman to woman, I expected more from Hammond. Loba's smirking, and I want to slap it off her face so hard her teeth'll land on Talos. Hammond explains Ms. Andrade has a loyal cult following, and watching her exact revenge is ratings gold. If I have a problem with Loba, I'm free to express that during our matches... as violently as I want. I can feel the rage rushing to my face, as Loba and her grin approach. She says we got off on the wrong foot. May the best woman win. She holds out her well-manicured hand, and if she thinks I'm touching that thing, she's crazier than I thought. I walk away, past Octane, who's been cornered by File Girl. He's saying something about being thirsty, but I don't pay attention until File Girl pulls Loba aside, says her name's Yoko. Her boss knows what Loba's really after. And they can make a deal. That's when I realize the battle may be over, but the war's just begun. This is my house. My rules. And my new mission is clear: send Loba Andrade back under the rock she crawled out from...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 78 of 286 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_DavidThanks alot.

Message 79 of 286 (565 Views)

★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper The core kind of looks like the metal things on the side of Pathfinder’s head, but that’s about it. None of the other artifacts look like they’d be a head of a specialized MRVN unit, (except maybe the other twin core, which is similar to the one we discovered.)
It’s also somewhat unlikely that they can use this for combat purposes, since the first core is apparently really delicate, and if the casing is ever compromised, the inner workings would be destroyed. This wouldn’t be the best thing to use on a robot that you would use for fighting.

They’d still have to build many, many copies of the body of Forge, as well as somehow copy the artifact for each and every body.

Watson’s father’s death hasn’t really been addressed, but it’s not like they implied that her father died from an assassination or something.
Message 80 of 286 (529 Views)