Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

★★ Guide

This is quite a conundrum. The writer of the letter tries to confuse us with catchphrases from other legends, while disguising their own identity. I have a theory that may be unpopular, but hey. I think Mirage wrote the letter, or whatever it is. The author says "Mirage really is a funny guy" who else says that? Everyone else doesn't like his jokes. 

The "A.Smartypants" also seems in character for him. He also knows the other legends well enough to know their catchphrases and uses them in his letter. That's my opinion. Mirage wrote the letter.

Message 11 of 286 (838 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah, their probs going to be like "It was Bangalore the whole time!". Ehh, at least we can have fun with theorys.
Message 12 of 286 (832 Views)

★★★★ Pro

My Theory at this time:

its Loba toying with Revenant there wasn't a meeting. She just entered the Apex Game's, how can she put together a "Team" so Quick With out finding out about them first.

She is a theif, and all theives are con artists in one way or another. She is giving Revenant at the moment, the illusion that others are against him also which is all smoke and mirrors IMO. 

She just wants revenant to know she is coming for him but is too scared to just say it. Because this is the monster / Simulacrum that killed her parents.

And is looking for the right time to strike for the revenge.

Message 13 of 286 (792 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RevenanT-G7 Nahhh, can’t be. We’re talking Rev here. He’s not scared to go up against multiple ppl and he doesn’t care if they’re all plotting against him.

Remember, this is a guy who’s up against whole companies and not caring. So I hardly think he’ll care bout some legends scheming against him xD
Message 14 of 286 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q 

I never said that revenant was afraid. He is a Terminator no robots have any fear, feelings or any emotion.

The word "Duplicitous" means  Doubleness. Duplicitous is someone who is being a two face, saying one thing but doing something very different, Even Contradictory.

Which Thiefs could use in their arsenal of tactic's

Even if she is getting a group together I don't think Bangalore would be part of it because She is part of the IMC. Which in turn she works for the syndicate.

then it would be possible that Bangalore is writing the letter to Revenant.

Message 15 of 286 (767 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RevenanT-G7 Would you believe me if I said that I wrote the message while playing Apex, in the middle of a breather moment I checked phone and saw that I had written something and seemed fine, clicked submit and now see this post, look at my post and forgot to mention why I said those things (so I needed to enhance my post)? No? Then boo!

But to continue:
Loba must know that he doesn't care if the whole universe is after him. Therefore it would make no sense to write him that letter for her own gain, as she has nothing to gain from it. He won't be more vigil or wary. What would her angle be if not to spook, scare, concern him or keep him on his toes?

Well he's not a robot. He's a simalcrum. A mix between a robot with a human side. So he can have feelings and I believe he does, just like Path. It may not be in the same way we experience them, but he does have them. Unlike genuine psychopaths who say they feel no empathy, joy or any other emotion (and it's proven that they don't), Rev states that he enjoys killing and such. Just like Path wants to stay happy :P but that's getting too deep.

I like learning new words, thank you for that... I can actually use such a word in my repertoire *grins menacingly*

Lolz when is someone gonna say that Octane or Wraith wrote that letter :P I need to see more crazy ideas
Message 16 of 286 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_David "For obvious reasons, I'm not affected."
Huh, so maybe this is gibby because he is gay? Probably not, just a shot in the dark.
Message 17 of 286 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ThatCryptoUser Or pathfinder because of there freindship??
Message 18 of 286 (749 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q 

It could be anyone at this point that wrote the letter, we just don't know atm.

My theory though isn't too far fetched IMO. Its a little outside the box [or "dumb"], but still in the realm of possiblity.

I was just breaking down what Duplicitious meant, I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. I just broke it down for people that might not know or forgot what the word mean's.

Message 19 of 286 (728 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RevenanT-G7 Maybe we’ll never know either. Just Respawn teasing us again.

Nahhh you’re theory isn’t far fetched nor ‘dumb’. Hope I didn’t make it seem that way. I was just stating my case why in my mind that wouldn’t add up. But I’m not the most knowledgable on legend’s backstories, their attitudes in general or the TF lore so anything’s possible. I’ve even seen a Hawaii Five-0 episode where a mother hired a hitman to kill her and making it look like an accident just so her kids could get the life insurance and inheritance without worrying just because their dad was a bad man.
And if you know hawaii five-0 you know that’s 40 minutes of tv time where they search for answers and when they found that she hired a hitman to kill herself they, as well as the victim/perpetrator’s children were perplexed to say the least.
After seeing that episode years ago, I really don’t see any idea or mention of something ‘out of the box’ XD.

Lolz I was being sincere about learning the word Duplicitous :P it might’ve seemed snarky or sarcastic but I actually enjoy learning new words and I’ve never heard that word before. Even if I watch a show and hear a word I pause it to research what it means :P months ago I even went so far as to download the dictionary app because every day you get a new ‘word of the day’ :P so I’ll thank you again and to make sure you know I actually meant it 😜
Message 20 of 286 (715 Views)