Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

by EA_David

Original Post

Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

Community Manager

Hey guys, some community members suggested a thread for discussion and theories around this season's Lore and the new Quest system. 

You can find info on the new quest system here, and you can check a transcript of the prologue below, or in th

Let us know any lore revelations, and any fan theories from the conservative to wildly insane creative. 

Prologue: "The Duplicitous Snake"

Loba Andrade has cordially invited some Legends to the Paradise Lounge, where Mirage serves pints, the locals serve side-eye, and the peanut shells on the floor are... intentional.

There's eleven of us meeting in a private room in the back. 

And by "private room", I mean the Men's Room, with the urinals removed.

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Thank you all for coming! You should be honored. I usually work alone."

Someone in the back snickers, then pretends to cough. We all know who it is.

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Bangalore. . . need a drink, General?"

s5banga.PNGBangalore "I'll pass. Need to keep my wits about me. This time of night, got some real shady elements in here."     "And trash doesn't take itself out."

Well, at least those two will be entertaining.

s5loba.PNGLoba: "I won't keep you then. Let's get to it. I'm looking to add a rare and valuable treasure to my collection. And in return? You can make use of my various talents for... well, for whatever you desire."

"Maybe you're like to help your mom get better treatment, Mirage. And Lifeline, maybe your parents can finally pay for their war crimes."

"I'm sure Caustic would love to address his pesky legal problems back on Gaea. It's okay, Doctor. You're innocent. We know."

s5nox.PNGCaustic: "Excuse me, how did you--?!"

s5loba.PNGLoba: "It's what I do. And right now, all that matters is what I can do for you. 

"But first, I need your help."

Is this chica for real?

All the flirting and douple entendres and "je ne sais quoi"... are they falling for this crap? I expect that from the men, but scanning the room, the women have taken the bait as well. 

They're all idiots.

For obvious reasons, I'm not affected. 

s5loba.PNGLoba: "However, there are two issues in terms of retrieving the treasure: One - it's broken into pieces, scattered throughout King's Canyon. And two. . ."

". . .it's not in "our" King's Canyon. Apparently, there's a different. . . I don't know, I guess you'd call it another. . . dimension?"

An independent variable. 

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Luckily, one of us happens to have spent a short time there and is familiar with its. . . locals, so to speak"

s5pf.PNGPathfinder: "Me! It was me! And everyone was a shadow, and the dead walked around moaning all night. All my friends said I made it up."

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Apparently you did not. Which is why you're our guide, Pathfinder. And Wraith will be our way in."

s5bang.PNGWraith: "Hold up, I never agreed to--"

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Each of you is important. I ask you to work with me - together. We'll go in at night in shifts. Find each piece and bring it back here, where Crypto and Wattson can help assemble it."

s5crypto.PNGCrypto: "Assemble it? How do I know this "treasure" isn't some sort of trap?"

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Whatever it is, I'm sure you're prepared enough to protect yourself. That's why we need you. I've learned it's some sort of tech - so who better than our premier hacker and the most brilliant engineer to take it on?"

s5watt.PNGWattson: "A chance to work together? Usually we're opposed, but now we have the same. . .charge! Get it?"

s5loba.PNGLoba: "And obviously, we'd fail miserably without the guidance and leadership of our general, Bangalore."

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Sergeant 1st Class will be fine, Loba. Not a general yet."

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Of course you aren't"

Ouch

s5pf.PNGPathfinder "I don't think I like this. Last time I went into King's Canyon, Revenant was in charge. And he was scary - even more than he is now... and that's a lot!"

s5loba.PNGLoba: "And that is why we must all make a pact. The demonio can never know what we're doing."

s5mirage.PNGMirage: "Cause he'd eat us?"

s5bang.PNGWraith: "Because he'd want that life. That power."

s5mirage.PNGMirage: "Right. Exactly... And then he'd eat us."

s5loba.PNGLoba: "He can't know. Play this close to the chest. If he finds out... It's not good for any of us."

Mirage cracks a joke about how difficult that will be, since Revenant is the guy they all confide in. Everyone Laughs. Mirage really is a funny guy

We go around the room, everyone in agreement. The hunt begins now, and no matter what, we swear we won't tell Revenant what we're up to.

And I've kept my promise.

And I discreetly wrote it to you in this message, Revenant.

Who am I? It doesn't matter. What matters is you know the truth, felagi fighter: they're all plotting against you. But you have the upper hand now. 

High five, brudda

Sincerely yours, 

A. Smartypants.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 286 (4,373 Views)

Re: Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

Champion

@EA_David 

Hmmmm... Sounds FUN. Thinking

Message 2 of 286 (4,348 Views)

Champion

Well there's clearly some deliberate red herrings thrown in here. Somebody is informing revenant about the union formed against him, however i'm pretty sure it isn't bloodhound or gibraltar. Gibraltar doesn't really have a duplicitous character and bloodhound regards honor highly, so i doubt she would be spilling the beans. Which leaves Octane, who again doesn't really have any affiliation with revenant so that wouldn't make sense either.

I'm going to assume it's an outside source with an agenda that aligns with revenant remaining operational....an IMC rival perhaps? Perhaps somebody with interest in the piece of tech in question remaining hidden...and attempting to use revenant as a tool to run interference by posing as an ally?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 286 (4,346 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag That kind of screams Crypto...
Message 4 of 286 (4,327 Views)

Champion

@EryxApex  Yeah, i thought that too...but then what does he have to gain? It's literally all just wild conjecture at this point without the next installment hehe. Tongue out

Message 5 of 286 (4,325 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag The person who wrote this clearly says "All the flirting and douple entendres and "je ne sais quoi"... are they falling for this crap? I expect that from the men, but scanning the room, the women have taken the bait as well.

They're all idiots.

For obvious reasons, I'm not affected.

This leads me to believe LIFELINE wrote the letter. Lifelines pretty smart, and knows not to get involved with this.

It appears that the only three characters it could have been are Bloodhound, Gibraltar, and Octane. But in the conversation, Lifeline doesn't speak ONCE. And we know she's there, because Loba mentions her. But the fact that she doesn't SPEAK, is really the giveaway clue here. She knows how Bloodhound, Gibraltar, and Octane talk, so she impersonates them. This is my belief for now. If my lifeline theory is wrong, then most likely Bloodhound wrote it. It's (Non-Binary!) all about Honor, so if they are building something to kill Revenant, he should have a fair fight...
Message 6 of 286 (4,257 Views)

Champion

@shadowninja5044  We're probably all going to be wrong, but an interesting theory nonetheless!

Message 7 of 286 (4,218 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_David So finally read this interaction. But where was this interaction? In the trailer or something?

My theory is Caustic is the culprit. Who likes controlling life & death even more than Rev? Well, in alerting Rev of this matter, he’ll shed blød on multiple ppl while Caustic watches the bloodshed and experiments on them.

Rev may actually like Caustic and vice versa because they love death itself. Rev likes the killing and Caustic the dying part.

BAM, mind blown
Message 8 of 286 (4,206 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q It's in the quest section.
Message 9 of 286 (4,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BaldWraithSimpI'll check it out now that I'm on my main device instead of my usual phone.

soo... I had a conversation with @GH0STEDbyME  on my thread about interaction and he said that in an interaction between Rev and Caustic, caustic said something along the lines of "I'm not helping you with Andro (whatever Loba's last name is XD)". This makes me believe even more that it's Caustic who wrote the letter... granted, I've yet to hear other interactions with Rev.

Thread's here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Loba-s-thread/td-p/9087817/jump-to/first-unread-message

Message 10 of 286 (4,189 Views)