Re: Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

by Sir_Named

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@iX_R4D4R_Xi Well you’re not far off the mark. The word narc came from narcotic so it was used for drug addicts... but cleverly ppl in the drug industry didn’t like narcotic officers who disguised themselves as undercover ppl in the drug business and so narc was created for posers in the drug business ^.^ soon it joined the words synonymous for tattle tales like rat, snitch, whistleblower and so on... but it’s not heavily used anymore, as it was in the past.

This is all made up by me but I’m 90% sure that it went like this XD
Message 161 of 286 (592 Views)

★★★ Pro

Ok we're a hundred percent creating the next legend having found the retinal component in this weeks mission. We're about to find out a good deal in next weeks mission given the cliff hanger. Lifeline x octane is sure to be a thing. And Yoko got a one of a kind super ultra rare one of a kind Bangalore autograph. (Super jealous)

Message 162 of 286 (495 Views)

★★ Expert
@DK9027 It’s definitely a head of some sort, might not be the new legend tho.
I mean, we have no info on who the head is from, so it could be anybody.
Maybe even the original Hammond guy. (The founder, I think.)
Message 163 of 286 (481 Views)

★★ Expert

Another thing, you can play Revenant in today’s mission.

I only noticed any new dialogue when he picked up the piece and the come on, but it’s nothing that great.

Message 164 of 286 (473 Views)

@Sir_Named is it possible that the artifact is some sort of ancient reserection device? Perhaps Loba's intense interest in the artifact stems from a desire to bring back her father, to allow him to deal with Revenant himself. 

(from the mind of my young twiglet. Large smile)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 165 of 286 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Does anyone want to see the complete artifact?Large smile

Message 166 of 286 (424 Views)

Community Manager
Narrator: Lifeline

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Get yuh sorry bum out here, SERGEANT! We gonna have a CHAT!"

I’m bangin’ on Bangalore’s front door for a solid three minutes before she answers.

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "What is it, Ajay?"

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "How'd that mission of yuh's go this mornin’, hm? See any jump-pads lyin' around?"

I take the folded up letter that was taped to Wattson’s forehead and shove it into her hand.

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "It's from Silva. Octane, since I know yuh never bothered to learn his proper name. READ IT."

She does. I know every word she's peepin'. I read it a dozen times on my way here.

s5oct.PNGOctane: "Hey Che, I finally figured it out. Why you all made me go on that date with Yoko. Sure, you said it was because I already had the date with Yoko."

s5oct.PNGOctane: "But then I realized it’s because you were keeping me from my destiny. My Destiny to Defy Death. My Triple D’s."

s5oct.PNGOctane: "I don't sit on the sidelines well. So I'm going in anyway. Because I'm Octavio Silva and if I die today, at least I went out doing what I do best."

s5oct.PNGOctane: "So if it’s curtains for me today, Che, I need you to know something…"

I snatch the letter back before she can turn it over. That part's private.

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "He went into that mess and faced all those prowlers... by himself. Because of what yuh did. And now he's missin'."

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "He’s Octane. He’s probably sitting in a tree, drinking a cold one, and tonight when he gets back, he’ll have a nice tan. If not, I’ll send an extraction team."

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Yuh gonna send one now, is what'cha gonna do!"

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "They need recovery time. You of all people should know that. I send them back in exhausted, more get injured. You want that blood on your hands?"

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Yuh want Silva's blood on yours? Yuh owe me!"

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "I don’t owe you squat."

She pushes me back, and slams the door in my face.

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Hey! I'm not leavin'. Get back out here!"

But she’s not comin’ back. Okay, Che. Ain't got a lot of choices now. Time to do what needs doin'. I patch in to the bar.

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Wraith? Che. I need a thing or two from yuh. . ."

Wraith gives me everything I need on where to find Yoko. Figurin’ the girl knows who I am, but the face she's got when she opens her door don’ look like she’s happy to see me.

s5yoko.PNGYoko: "Another one? Don’t you Legends have lives?"

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Hey. Yuh probably ain't up for listenin', but I need yuh help--"

She tries to slam the door, but I’m done with doors slammin’ in my face today. In a panic, I grab her by the wrist and yank her into the hallway. The door shuts and locks.

s5yoko.PNGYoko: "You psycho! Let go of me!"

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Naw. Yuh comin' with me."

s5yoko.PNGYoko: "You’re not… are you… is this a kidnapping?"

Well, yuh took it this far, Che. In for an inch…

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Yuh seen me on TV. Yuh seen what I can do. Maybe I do worse right now."

She looks terrified. Not my proudest moment. But Silva's life's on the line

When we get back to Bangalore’s, I bang on the door for a third time today.

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Now what?!"

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Chill out, why don’cha! Yoko, meet Anita Williams. You probably know her as Bangalore."

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Wraith filled me in. How yuh told O that yuh wanted a rare Bangalore autograph."

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "I don’t do autographs. What in the hell, Lifeline?! This is my home-- "

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Pay attention! Yuh give her yuh autograph, and she gives yuh dirt on Loba, so I can go save O. Everybody gets what they want, and I don' wanna hear no backchat!"

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Maybe yuh don' give a damn about him, but let me tell yuh somethin': he put on pants for you, Bangalore. Sounds damn foolish, but for him that's no small thing. He took yuh seriously."

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Yeah, yeah, and I forced him to go into the portal alone-- "

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "No. Yuh didn’t."

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "I did."

And so I show her the back of Silva's note.

s5oct.PNGOctane: "So if it’s curtains for me today, Che, I need you to know something… You cracking accountant jokes tonight hurt the most."

s5oct.PNGOctane: "Guess this means I get to give you the silent treatment for a change, huh? Doesn't make me feel better though. Maybe a good run will."

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Jus'so, it's my fault. All of it. And I'm sorry. But can we get on with it? There's a fool's life on the line."

I look down at the ground. D.O.C. whirs next to my leg. Ain't a word said for a good, long time. Then. . .

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "You got something I can sign with?"

s5yoko.PNGYoko: "And I’ll tell you what I told Octane. About Loba."

And she does. She also uploads the transcript of the meeting. It’s everything Bangalore wanted and more.

Yoko gets her autograph, and I throw in extra for her troubles. When we get back to Mirage’s bar, the gang’s all there.

Crypto and Wattson are attachin' the Retinal Array and-- wait, retinal? Like eyes?

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "This thing has eyes?!"

s5gibby.PNGGibraltar: "Hah! I said the same thing."

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Well, no time to twitch about it. Gibby, I need backup. We're goin' after Silva."

s5gibby.PNGGibraltar: "Gibraltar’s always got your back, sistah."

As I head over to Wraith's portal, I hear Bangalore makin' her move.

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Hey, Loba! We got business."

s5loba.PNGLoba: "Do we? Fine. We can go somewhere private, if--"

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "No need. Gather ‘round, Legends. I have a little something to share. The real reason we’re risking our lives out there. And it’s got nothing to do with treasure…"

Seh one. Give her hell, Bangalore. For Wattson. For Silva.

I'm comin' to getcha, O. And yuh better be in one piece when I get there…

...or I'll break yuh myself!

Next: The Lying Liar

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 167 of 286 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sir_Named I've discovered another bit of the new legend/artifact hidden in plain sight. If you have a look at the cut picture of the lobby you can see a gold boot/lower limb of a mechanoid to the lower right of Loba. There appears to be another one to the left, but isnt easy to see.

Not my lobby pic.

Loba.JPG

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 168 of 286 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@OldTreeCreeperI am pretty sure that's a Nessie. Wondering

And that's not part of the artifact Standard smile

Message 169 of 286 (364 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp Creeper’s eyes are acting up again. WHY WOULD THE ROBOT BE GOLD CREEPER?!
Message 170 of 286 (332 Views)