Re: Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

by Sir_Named

Original Post

★★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper Congratulations he's well on the way to becoming a lore master, plus far to many young people dont enjoy reading these days. Might be a good gift for him one day to get the LOTR books.

There's really nothing like holding a good book in your hands.
Message 101 of 286 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Because its time and money for a waste of time.  The story line is worthless and thin.  If they add something who cares...just kill people.  The whole point is to kill people and be the winner.  Absolutely nothing, including the background, is important except being the winning team. The background is never going to be good or rich so it really just serves to take time and cash away from the game play.  Every second and scent not spent on furthering this games game play is a HUGE waste of time.  If you want story play "The Last of US".  a story line that would give anyone the feels.  Think how much better League of legends could be if they didnt spend 80% of their cash on non game related stuff like plush dolls and comic strips.  

Message 102 of 286 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sir_Named yes, and a daughter too. 

I got through the lotr and all the rest of tolkiens stuff when I was but a twig, I was a voracious reader. But I never got into the fantasy role play gaming and read very little these days. i wasn't sure how to introduce it to him and really didnt want to hand him the books as it would be like handing him a mountain in this day and age. So I started with eragon audiobook, as he loved audiobooks while multitasking (gaming) then the film,.

Then the lotr films and now the unabridged audiobooks (by Robert Englis). He now wants the maps and the history stuff that tolkien wrote, so its been a successful intro to fantasy writings.

Theres also a tape recording that tolkien made of himself reading bits of the hobbit in 1954 i think, that is a very interesting insight to the authors imaging of his book. Its on yt now

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 103 of 286 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DK9027 Im delighted he has taken the time to get into it, as it is a classic and very few do so in this day and age of instant satisfaction. He does like reading too and you are right abut nothing like holding a good book, he may yet request that experience, but might want a pdf for his kindleLarge smile what can you do?

He has been learning how to use the unreal engine and wants to make a game based on the graphics of the lotr films and the associated maps. (This weeks intense excitement Large smile)

I used to love reading wilbur smith, and would read his new books by torchlight till finished.

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 104 of 286 (459 Views)

@Sir_Named got a bit sidetracked there. The reason I came back to this thread is that i looked more closely at the first piece while rotating it. If you catch the light on it you can see a number of symbols.  On the lhs of the casing you can see a H for Hammond robotics. There are 5 other symbols on the face (if you will) one looks like a computer off symbol, usually in red. I cannot get a better look at the other adjacent symbols.  Maby habe a look and tell me what you see?

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 105 of 286 (439 Views)

★★ Expert
@Luxxtenebri But it’d be weird if they never added backstories or explained the personalities of the characters.
Like, why the heck did we get some engineer chick who seems fairly wholesome? Or why is there a robot person?
Plus, many people want story for this game, especially because it’s a spin-off of the Titanfall games.
It’s really not a waste of time. If you insist on it being a waste, then don’t post on the thread dedicated to theorizing about it. Make your own thread.
Message 106 of 286 (432 Views)

★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper Ooh, the Eragon series? That’s a pretty good one. Has your son moved on to the other books or has he just listened to the first? There’s also a smaller, lighter novel that takes place after the main books.

I’ll take a look at the pieces some more. I’ll see if I can tell what the other symbols are.
Message 107 of 286 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sir_Named the whole series of eragon stuff. i wanted somthing more challenging as he is as voracious with audio books as I was readingLarge smile. Thus the lotr

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 108 of 286 (424 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I guess.  You can't roleplay in this game so I guess I can't fathom the need to know why she is a happy engineer.  Like how when they came out with the game they made a big stink over the sexual orientation of the characters as if you can do anything with that in game.  If I play Bloodhound should I try and hit on Gibraltor every time we are in a game together and vice versa?  If you want to "Roleplay"  there is no freaking way in hell that Loba would team up with the robot that murdered her family.  So since its sloppy speed writing on Respawns part why even bother.  They could fire the people involved and hire game developers.  Which would speed up game fixes and future game improvements.   I bring up my view on the subject so that change can be made, eyes can be open, and maybe a better more polished game will emerge.  I would hope that every single player can agree they would  rather have a near perfect game when the side distractions will never be worth distracting you.  

Message 109 of 286 (319 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Actually If you want side story you can leave that up to the community.  Give them a thin starting point and let the community work on it from their.  Companies do that all the time with content.  Which is super sad they make games knowing they can just leach off the community for content later, but in this case I could see it being a nice way to involve the community and not be a * shady business practice.  Like the 12348097162394871623948 side Star Wars books.  They prolly added more depth to that universe than all of the actual movies combined.

Message 110 of 286 (315 Views)