Champion

@Zeues-1992 

Thank you for the information! 

We almost there. Yeah!

Message 61 of 286 (1,279 Views)

Re: Broken Ghost Quest Lore Thread

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey,  we have this week's update, with apologies to those who are having issues getting into the quest.

To start we have the text when you examine the first piece:

GEMINI -XG CORE

RESPONSIBLE FOR HIGHER FUNCTIONS AND MEMORY, ETCHINGS IDENTIFY AS "XG" TYPE, OF WHICH THERE ARE NO RECORDS.
EVIDENTLY ONE HALF IN A RARE GEMINI CONFIGURATION, IT WOULD HAVE REQUIRED A RESONANT TWIN CORE TO FUNCTION.HOLDS A COMPLEX CRYSTAL MATRIX AT NANOSCALE. ANY COMPROMISE OF HOUSING WOULD INSTANTLY REDUCE SAID MATRIX TO DUST - UNIT IS VERY TOUGH ON THE OUTSIDE, AND GOSSAMER ON THE INSIDE.  CASING APPEARS INTACT.

And here's the new transcript, a bit less mysterious this time. 

Chapter One: "The Cranky Clown"

So we had this meeting in the labra - lavri - the... place where you go to the bathroom. That's 'cause at the Paradise Lounge, we don't do "private rooms". Here, we believe in being social... connecting with people... coming together as humans. Look, the point is....

... I'M CRANKY

s5mirage.PNGMirage: "What? Yeah. No. Am not... what do you know?"

s5bang.PNGWraith: "More than you might think."

s5mirage.PNGMirage: "Here it comes. 189 Reasons why all the versions of myself are bummed out."

...I say as I hand Wraith her Appletini. (I know, right? I would totally make fun of her too, but I saw what happened to the last guy, and I like the idea of having kids one day, so I'll stick with my poker face, thanks.)

s5bang.PNGWraith: "Only need one reason. It bothers you that Loba knows your Mom's secret."

And that's when it hits me. It bothers me that Loba knows Mom's secret!

s5oct.PNGLifeline: "She knew 'bout my parents, too. More'n that, she knows how I feel 'bout 'em, and I don' go spreadin' that. I think she got dirt on all of us."

s5nox.PNGCaustic: "She is similarly aware of the allegations against me - all patently false and absurd, of course. That these cretins continue to mistake me for a corpse is preposterous!"

s5oct.PNGOctane: "And what's she gonna do for me, huh? Help me run faster? (Ey... can she do that?)"

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Bunch of marks. All of you."

...Bangalore says, as she spits onto the floor that I-- that someone will have to clean later.

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "She bats her eyelashes, and you all fall in line. Advancing into unknown territories to obtain some trinket - we don't even know what this hunk of junk is."

s5crypto.PNGCrypto: "I've been studying it, and it looks like it's encasing a matrix, but it needs its other half to fully--"

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "That wasn't a question. Only reason I went to that awful place was to make sure none of you ended up in a bodybag... or as Caustic's latest experiment. No, instead we get to be Loba's little errand boys."

"I don't know about all of you, but I didn't sign up to take orders from some two-bit thief when I signed my Legends contract. If the IMC was still running the show, she'd be halfway to the brig by 0-500."

s5bang.PNGWraith: "So what's the plan? We walk away?"

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Then we're more in the dark than before. For now, follow her lead... but we do our own private reconnaissance."

"She's not telling us everything. I overheard her talking to someone named Yoko at Hammond Robotics... about a meeting Loba had with the higher-ups there."

s5oct.PNGOctane: "Yo, I've got a date with a girl named Yoko from Hammond. Think they know each other?"

Wow, room got real quiet after that one. And Lifeline's about two decibels too high when she says--

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "A date? G'wan wit'cha. Does this girl know what she's gettin' herself into?"

Bangalore cuts in, which is annoying, because hi, you had your turn, and we want to see Lifeline kick Octane's butt now, but sure, Bangalore, your thing is important too, I guess."

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Octane, you know this girl?"

s5oct.PNGOctane: "She asked if I wanted to get a drink. I was thirsty and said sure, but she meant tomorrow. I mean, I'll be thirsty tomorrow too. But I don't know, man. She wants me to wait for things. Like, wait? Just... around?"

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Yuh NOT goin' on this date. Girl doesn' deserve attitude like that."

s5banga.PNGBangalore: "Yes, he IS going. Never turn good intel down, and right now, your boy's our only way to get out hands on some."

"Octane, we need you to find out what this meeting between Loba and Hammond was all about. And I need proof, so she can't deny the whole thing. Anything they've got."

s5ll.PNGLifeline: "Yuh gonna let this poor girl sit through the torture if this date for intel?"

s5oct.PNGOctane: "SHE'S tortured?! I have to wear PANTS!"

I look to Wraith who's watching Octane get bounced back and forth between Bangalore and Lifeline like a ping pong ball. She turns to me, shaking her head.

s5bang.PNGWraith: "And you think I'M intense?"

I know better than to answer that question, so I say...

s5mirage.PNGMirage: "I know better than to answer that question."

But Wraith has a point. I've never seen Bangs this worked up. If I were Loba Andrade? I'd be shaking in my thigh-highs. Because right now, I know two things: Bangalore won't stop until she's sent Loba Andrade packing...

...and nights like this are TOTALLY why I bought a bar!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 62 of 286 (1,189 Views)

★★ Expert

Not much lore there other than what’s explicitly stated.

Lifeline X Octane seems likely though.

Message 63 of 286 (1,166 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sir_Named true not to much lore towards the traitor thing, that we have been discussing for few days now or what is Loba's goal or who is the broken ghost. but it nice to see the legends out of the arena just shooting each other.

- So we know now that the legends on friendly terms kind of.
- Mirage's bar might be their usual hang out spot after matches or in their free time.
- wraith have bad habit of giving out reasons or outcomes of their conversations using her abilities which annoys Mirage.
- whoever investigating the mass murder on Gaea planet, is suspecting Caustic to be Dr.Alexander Nox and he is totally denying that and think they are crazy.
- Bangalore is like the mother to the group? she seems to care about them at least, also seems they are unaware that the syndicate is controlling the IMC or the games, as she thinks her legend contract with the IMC.
- of course octane and Lifeline are being themselves, he is always in a hurry and don't like natural stuff and she knows how annoying he can be.

that's all I could get out of this chapter.

the artifact discerption wasn't that useful to me, all technical stuff.
but seems it's some how related to another simulacrum from titanfall, which is connected to the apex mercenary group somehow, but need someone to confirm this who have knowledge on Titanfall 2 story.
Message 64 of 286 (1,130 Views)

★★ Guide

Hey, theory time. I'm guessing that Hammond is going to be involved a lot. I get the feeling that they're either going to try and cover up something that Octane finds out when Yoko or whatever is wasted. Octane learns something, he tells the other legends, Hammond's like "ahahahahahahahahahah you're all dead" and they send revenant after them or something. Sort of like a "Revenant Kills the Apex Universe" but hey, that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY AHAHHAH.

Message 65 of 286 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Pro

This Yoko maybe the "smarty pants" from the previous episode and invited octane to a drink to pump him for information like Bangalore wants him to do to her. But octane doesnt have the best attention span or the best choice for undercover ops. She may find him the most gullible and easily influenced of the legends.

Afterward she gives revenant the information (this may tie in to the theories I posted on page three I think.) After the prologue octane goes on his date and inadvertently spills everything. Having talked about the legends she may know enough to respond as they would.

As for the artifact. Something to do with a simulacrum, it may be a copy of the other revenant that theyr studying to destroy their revenant in some way. Or perhaps create a sort of clone that isn't as hostile but capable to fight on the legends side. And my final theory for this chapter perhaps it ash from titanfall 2 or at least that dimensions version. We have no proof as is actually completely destroyed, simulacrums having multiple bodies at their disposal. In any case I think were building a simulacrum.

Message 66 of 286 (1,058 Views)

★★ Expert
@DK9027 I doubt the smarty pants is Yoko, because it seemed like only the legends were invited to Loba's secret meeting, or at least people Loba researched. Yoko would be neither of those people.
Also, it wouldn't really make sense for Yoko, the representative of (Hammond or the Syndicate?) to tell the immortal murder robot about the plan to kill him.

I agree with what you said about the artifact though.
Message 67 of 286 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Sir_Named Ya but if they did they could probably get rid of David immortal murder robot who is after them in the other dimension as I stated in a previous post. The other dimension works differently so he may be able to come back, or he may decide to stay and rule that world like the other revenant. As for Yoko the meeting takes place before octanes date so after the meeting during his date she may have tricked him into giving her the information. We dont know when the message was sent to revenant, but clearly it couldn't be sent during the meeting.
Message 68 of 286 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@DK9027They could maybe throw Revenant in the alternate dimension, but it seems like it'd be better to just kill him. (A. How would it work if Revenant died in the other dimension? His head is still in this dimension, so it seems like he'd just respawn like normal. (B. If he's in the other dimension, he and the other Revenant may work together, which is not good. (C. If they are going to just toss him in there, they could, so why are they taking the trouble to find the artifact?

Yoko could be getting information from Octane, but why? As far as we know, she isn't aware that the legends are planning anything, since they would've kept the meeting secret from an unrelated outsider who had nothing to do with them. If she knew what the legends were planning, why would she need to trick Octane?

Plus, it is heavily implied that it's one of the legends who wrote the message, plus I doubt Octane could/would relay every detail of the meeting to her afterwards. He might not be able to, since he is so hyperactive he probably didn't pay that much attention in the meeting or forgot a lot of the stuff afterwards, and/or he wouldn't because the meeting contained a lot of sensitive stuff for quite a few legends.

It's not like he'd be seduced either, as Octane doesn't seem like a romantic character, and he didn't think of it as a date. He's just like, "Oh, she wants to get water with me. Ok."

Message 69 of 286 (951 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Sir_Named Well they really cant kill revenant so the IMC would need to find alternative solutions to dispose of him. Ya his head is in the original dimension, but as with other dimensions the rule are different hence the second dimension having constant shadows everywhere, it seems to always be night, ect. Physics are probably different which may hinder revenant from uploading into a new body. And I just had this thought while reading your post if he cant upload himself the IMC may be able to start from scratch on the original revenant and apply a more fortified program as well as erasing his previous memories like the did before.

As far as we know wraith is only one who can open a way to the second dimension (the first one in the fight or fright may have been a random temporal rift that had a limited time to be open.) So if both revenant were to work together she could just shut the portal on then both.

The artifact though we dont know exactly what it is, it may be necessary to risk retrieving it even if they trapped our revenant. Or perhaps loba made a deal with the syndicate to retrieve it.

The IMC and the syndicate are people who would keep tabs on their assets and investments aka the legends I doubt there's a time when they aren't being watched. Which is why they send Yoko to investigate if something were suspected, like after loba entering in a catastrophic manner. So she needs information quick as to what's going on.

It may be implied one of the legends wrote the letter the problem is the motive to do so they all have something to gain by not telling revenant anything. But there's little to nothing to gain as far as I can tell by them betraying the others. This is what leads me to believe it's an outside party that informed revenant.

The letter would have been sent sometime after everyone left the bar for anyone to have the chance to do so and the only situation that has been presented so far is around octanes date.

Ya I agree he wouldn't intentionally reveal all information if any but due to his hyperactive personality some things may slip giving Yoko an idea at least to proceed further and investigate for mor information.
Message 70 of 286 (934 Views)