Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Brocken gear that is too op for beginner players

by Blandaxt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Brocken gear that is too op for beginner players

★★ Novice

TO LONG TO READ: 

My problem with the game is that noobs like me have access to epic gear for only 2 thousand gold which ruins the challenge in the game

and 

There are not enough challenging NPC's that can really kill me in a fight because I can always fly away.  So I propose new monsters that can fly after the player and ways monsters can trap said player if they are not careful.  

So i am a new player bought anthem last week and have been playing it for 8 to 9 days now. I am in love with the game so far even though it doesn't pose much of a difficulty on hard difficulty settings. 

Already level 17 and rocking it with 3 unlocked Javelins. Love the possibilities you can do with the characters that are available. Hope more classes unlock in the future. Anyway I am here to talk about Brocken items that noobs like me should not have access to.  

There are several reasons why I am able to speed through most of the challenges like: 

- not having good flying enemies that can actually catch up to me when I try to escape. ( Those Drake's are slow as hell when flying about like flying helicopter turrets that can't get physical like a simple tackle dive from the sky )

- ways for the monsters that are melee oriented to be able to grab players and fling them at other players..

- ways for us to get trapped in bear traps that are anoying to get out of.

- lastly for us to not have access to epic weapons/components from the get go in the feature stores.  

Weapons like the Artinia's Gambit light machine gun makes most bosses less than cake for even noobs like me to go through them. Shouldn't there be a way for new players to use the weapon for a trial run and then have to grind for a little before buying it.. It just feels like no matter the challenge just this gun alone will let me walk through the game like a walk in the park. 

Lastly would be cool if we had the option to focus on melee play instead of mostly using guns. 

Message 1 of 14 (1,752 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Brocken gear that is too op for beginner players

★★★★ Pro
@Blandaxt it'll get a little more challenging when your on grandmaster 3.

View in thread

Message 3 of 14 (1,740 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Just play warframe

Message 2 of 14 (1,742 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Blandaxt it'll get a little more challenging when your on grandmaster 3.
Message 3 of 14 (1,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BlandaxtLeveling isn’t meant to be extremely difficult, and yes, having the Legendary items at low level make a it a lot easier than the game was at launch. However, considering that they are busy reworking aspects of the game, don’t look for any changes until they are ready to release that. The weapons/gear for in-game Coin is a new thing, mostly meant (in my opinion) to help with the rng of gear drops at max level. You don’t HAVE to use anything but drops from missions if you feel like things are too easy, just unequip all your OP gear and do leveling content as it was originally designed power-wise. If you just kill something and fly away at the first sign of incoming damage, then of course nothing will feel challenging, but can you engage a group of enemies and stick with it and and still survive?

Plus once you get to GM3, even max level guns and such won’t be doing as much damage as gear and combos. Use leveling to learn how to combo on all your javelins. The MW/Leg gear will make builds possible at max level that make the game more fun than just shooting stuff. But if you spend all your resources on stuff as you level, you won’t be able to get max level gear quite as fast. If you want melee play, interceptor and colossus will be your best bet. Ranger has some melee utility but not quite like interceptor and colossus, where you can spend most of your time doing that if you want. Storm is not generally well-suited for a melee only play-style.

You haven’t even reached max level ... get there, see how builds work, who knows, you might still think the game is too easy, but I guarantee it’s not going to be because of Artinia's Gambit. 😂

Also, sorry, I accidentally hit the 'Accepted Solution' button. Not trying to shut down the conversation at all. @EA_Cade 

Just another gamer hoping to help.
Love playing RPGs, MMOs, and Action games.
Like watching most other games.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 4 of 14 (1,689 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

But @Blandaxt has a point.

I always wondered if it is a good idea to have the option to get items from the seasonal store, tombs and regulator store before reaching level 30. Because you can easily earn some tokens, coins and crystals while playing on any difficulty.

Message 5 of 14 (1,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DrBonifarz  This would be a players decision to buy the 'OP' gear or not IMHO. Just because it's available doesn't mean it has to be used/done. I know we've talked about running 900 and sub-900's to challenge ourselves if it gets boring while taking leisurely walks through GM3 solo as can be done at times with killer rolled inscriptions. I'm on the fence with this I think. 

Edit: some will need the higher gear to be able to keep up as not all are on the same lv skill wise, others marry up to the game quickly and if they wish to challenge themselves that's easy, load for it.

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 6 of 14 (1,586 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I’m all for giving players different options and choices. I just meant that maybe these items are quite a bit stronger than intended, when obtained at a stage where players don’t even have access to epic gear. But I guess it does not matter. Since these resources are better spent once you get items that are worth keeping. 

Message 7 of 14 (1,563 Views)

Champion

@DrBonifarz  I'm again on the fence, I get that the gear purchasable is stronger, but as quickly as lv'ing occurs here those items become underpowered just as quickly. As you brought up it takes resources that the player may be smarter to save for end gear if they aren't having issues with current population (solo dropping), builds (not finding what you need, took me ages to find a Black Ice, didn't see one till I hit higher lv's),or the like , but the current system allows for choice, buy now and have to replace or save it for the end game loot lotto.

Tough as arguments for both sides have merit.

Best wishes

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 8 of 14 (1,556 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, clicking accept the solution shuts down the conversation...dam I already clicked it. Thanks for the reply. And I will take your suggestion to use only dropped gear to make the game more challenging. 

And I do like the intercepter and colossus gameplay style, but I soo wish the colossus could carry a hammer with him that we can use to bash things instead of just our fist. Or even able to change his shield to something more menacing. 

The interceptor is so hard to play with because the camera doesn't change from target to target wish means I have a hard time focusing on witch enemies I am attacking while dashing. It would also be cool to be able to change the type of swords the interceptor can use like the skin of it and how she attacks with her combos.   

I feel the game is too easy at lower levels because it is hard to not bring a weapon like a gambit when I usually focus on the weapon with the highest attack power. Even when running solo hard, the enemy's difficulty doesn't scale up to the power level of the team members I have or the weapons I equip. So while I was level 17 with a power level of 300 something, someone at level 30 with a power level of 600 easily runs through the mission ahead of me before I barely get to meet one enemy a.i.  

Thanks again for the advice. 

Message 9 of 14 (1,491 Views)

★★ Novice

This is definitely similar to Warframe, but I do feel it is more to my tastes. Warframe feels like I am an alien in an alien world. This feels like I am a human in a fantasy tech-like world. 

Too bad the fantasy a.i do not have Huge dragonic serpents like Jormungand that can swallow me whole in the free play. This is what I wish that the free play is more dangerous like you are traversing a dangerous jungle with monsters keeping guard of their own territories. And if I were to get too close to that territory I would get swarmed or eaten alive by that huge serpent monster lol. Anyway, the game is still fun in free play with the exploration, but the threats are non-existent. 

Message 10 of 14 (1,487 Views)
Twitter Stream