Re: Bring valid arguments to the table.

by ArchAngeL-PCX

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@RustedYodaLabs seems like it was more popular before these changes. I dropped Labs a lot yesterday, and most of the time we were the only team in there. Swamps used to be a popular drop, but these changes have basically isolated it. I haven't noticed anyone dropping there. The irony is it seems most now drop either in Octane's Gauntlet or Crypto's new area. I pass through busy areas from before, and no one is there. I don't think anyone knows where to go right now. I will drop in, maybe see a couple teams, and be down to a top 5 by the 3rd ring. It's just not the same.

Maybe they have a long term plan for the map that will be great. But how long? That's really my problem. If they add a map in Season 7, then we aren't likely seeing another round of changes to KC until Season 8 or 9. That's March or April 2021 at the earliest. That's a long time to expect people to look at the gaping whole in the map where their favorite drops used to be LOL!!!

Message 71 of 112 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@hayhorIt seem too spread out. Unless I drop Crypto or Octane's Gauntlet, I might see one or two teams on drop. And those two spots are very isolated now. Skulltown was popular indeed, but it was also sort of an easy access hub to all the spots around it. From Air Base through to Water Treatment, the whole area flowed nicely. I wasn't a Skulldropper myself, but I would often drop Thunderdome and move in from there or to Octane's Gauntlet.

Message 72 of 112 (394 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex What percentage is really quick round? 😂
Message 73 of 112 (382 Views)

Champion
@ArchAngeL-PCX Lots go to capacitor now. It totally depends on where the ship starts. If it starts by capacitor, many go there. If it starts by octane land, many go there. One thing I've noticed tho is that if you wait to drop by the end of the drop ship run you'll have trouble finding anyone.
Message 74 of 112 (381 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RustedYoda People were enjoying skulltown, so removing it was a mistake.
Message 75 of 112 (379 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ArchAngeL-PCX I agree gauntlet is pretty contested. But artillery and capacitor and labs are also really popular, it might just be my games but theres always people in capacitor.
Message 76 of 112 (374 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Abyssloli i understand liking it but it was a good decision overall
Message 77 of 112 (369 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@hayhorI noticed that too, and it used to not be the case. The only time I saw a good number of people dropping Labs was when the drop ship started there. I think part of the problem is now Labs can be accessed from that new pit area. So people will drop in there, and stay below ground to get to labs.

I think they assumed the crane area over where Skulltown was would be more popular than it is.  Overall, I think it's again a symptom of the flow being disrupted on the map.  People aren't sure where to go.

Message 78 of 112 (351 Views)

★ Expert
@RustedYoda I think it's a giant TBD on whether it's good or not. KC was a great map by the end of Season 2. As it stands, it needs serious work. We had only 2 maps and had gone 6 months exclusively with WE, which still needed a lot of help itself.

Contrast this with the upgrades to WE in Season 6...huge improvement. Very reminiscent of the upgrades to KC in Season 2. Notice they didn't blow up Train Yard, Sorting, Tree, or Thermal Station. lol They greatly enhanced other areas around them...areas not many would drop to before.
Message 79 of 112 (337 Views)

Champion

@ArchAngeL-PCX  Trainyard does need a good nuking though. The loot is terrible and the layout is deeply annoying.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 80 of 112 (2,494 Views)