Re: Bring valid arguments to the table.

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@AbyssloliThe game would grow stale with out changes. It would be the same-thing over and over and over. Plus the Volt is a better gun than the 99 in every way. It had been 4 season of the 99 being the dominate CQC gun.

The armor changes are the one thing I'm on the fence about. Simply because with the old armor, the differences were not so big in terms of white compared to purple.

White you had a 150 overall health, Purple was 200. That's a 33% difference. As it stands now, white is 125 health, purple is 175, that's a 40% difference. That's a big gap to have to make up for.. Even a 33.33% advantage is huge

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 61 of 112 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex The difference is 40% now. (50/125x100)
But still bigger than the previous one.
Message 62 of 112 (340 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Abyssloli removing skulltown was good for the game
Message 63 of 112 (330 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Yep this is why the game has slowed for me. I need a blue shield before I'll engage close range unless I'm forced to. This means if I only have white I'll take the time to craft to blue.
Message 64 of 112 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhorI have yet to survive crafting armor. Every time I have tried it someone comes and kills me. And come on you play caustic! I pushed an evo from white to red tonight as caustic. Half the time I spent in frag with no cells or batts and only 25-40 armor left..  Honestly I have no idea how we survived, but the caustic gas came in clutch that round.

Message 65 of 112 (315 Views)

★ Expert
@RustedYoda It absolutely was not good for the game, not in any way. Name me a shooter that has ever removed popular maps. That's the equivalent to a game like Apex removing popular long standing land marks from these maps. Besides that, the entire flow of KC has been totally disrupted, and not in a good way. Thunderdome and the access to Water Treatment was also blown up.

On the other side, we have that monstrous construct standing in between Swamps, Labs, and Relay. It's essentially a giant pit that makes moving between areas over there much more cumbersome.
Message 66 of 112 (301 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ArchAngeL-PCX I agree, making the map smaller was a bad idea. But removing Skulltown was a good idea, first off all, 15/20 teams wont land in a single place, and by the time the 1st ring starts, theres 3 squads left. Also, now not everyone lands at the desert side of the map. Now Labs and Capacitor are popular spots.I can understand missing Stown since it could be fun at times, but overall it was good for the game.
Message 67 of 112 (295 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Drop survey. Never had an issue there. Only one time I got jumped crafting armor anywhere actually. And I do it a lot.

I tend to avoid fragment like the plague unless I want to play a "let's see how long I can last battle royale" but yeah I've upgraded basic evo just on gas.
Message 68 of 112 (293 Views)

Champion
@ArchAngeL-PCX KC is much better now than ever before. People drop all over the map now so fights happen all over.
Message 69 of 112 (292 Views)

@hayhor Oh I have a real problem dropping to frag. I need Frag Addicts Anonymous or a teammate to steal jump master from me.

It’s either a really good start or a really quick round.

Message 70 of 112 (284 Views)